All Weather Car Cover

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep

All Weather Car Cover

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:22 pm

I need to store a Tiger outside for a few months and whilst facing the elements coming into Winter I'm looking for a decent cover.

Ideally manufactured for outside use, needs to be breathable and of couse a material which will not prove to be abrasive. I do have a Covercraft cover which I inherited but does not fit very well (it's about 8 inches short above the sill line!)

Any recommendations?

Thanks

T :D

sbt302

all weather car cover

Post by sbt302 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:43 pm

if you have to leave a tiger outside for winter i would use a CARCOON, i use one of these if i leave anything outside becuase it will not let moisture in.
you will be able to buy one at the N.E.C CLASSIC CAR SHOW on the 4,5,6 of november, they are about £300.

alternatively i have a large(dry, damp free) garage/workshop with two tigers in it with room for more at a rate of £2 a day.

i hope this is of some use to you.
sbt302.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:09 pm

Thanks Dean!

How much bigger is the Carcoon than the Tiger's dimensions. I don't have much room to play with. I take it that they need a seperate power source for the sucking all that moisture out?

Can't understand why my original post signed me in (after being logged in) as a "Guest" any ideas moderators? This has happened a few times to different users

T

sbt302

all weather car cover

Post by sbt302 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:33 pm

the dimension of my CARCOON are 15ft 6.5ft and it runs on 12volts or 240volts and you can't hear or tell it is running.

regards
dean.

TXJ7

car covers

Post by TXJ7 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:07 pm

I found this guy on ebay (member id = chartoneauto) who has both indoor and outdoor covers...anyone tried these? :?:

Yes we do have Alpine covers available in 2 different outdoor materials & specs are as follows:

Monsoon: These sturdy covers have been specially designed for outdoor use. The rugged grey outer is soft yet durable and has a special soft lining for ultimate care of paint and chrome. Our UK designs for individual models ensure that the cover fits snugly with elasticated hems and strong underbody securing straps. Roof vents are included to allow dispersal of damp or condensation. Protects against rain, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, dirt, dust, scuffs & scratches and is 100% UV resistant. Double stitching and heat sealed seams ensure long life & total outdoor protection. 'Monsoon' covers offer maximum outdoor protection, yet at a sensible price. They are suitable for continual use in all weather conditions including very low temperatures where the fabric still remains pliable. In strong, hot sunshine they keep interiors cool and protect against soft top & interior fade and degeneration. Price: £84.50 Including VAT.

Voyager: lightweight breathable covers for in garage or outdoor use. Breathability ensures that any damp or condensation can evaporate away from the covered vehicle whilst water resistance is maintained by a special bonded coating. Voyager covers are double stitched for strength, feature elasticated hems, underbody securing straps with anti scratch fittings and are manufactured from a latest generation silver fabric. The Voyager is lightweight, yet very strong and compresses down to a compact size that is ideal for tucking in the boot when not in use. Price: £48.95 Including VAT.
You can pay by credit/charge card by faxing details including the last 3 digits on the signature strip of your card and issue number/valid from to 01903 713133 or sending an email to the above address or call us on 01903 731333
Thanks Richard