Oulton Park - Intermarque Aston Martin meet 6th July

Post questions or information about Tigers and Motorsport
Tomaselli

Oulton Park - Intermarque Aston Martin meet 6th July

Post by Tomaselli » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:06 pm

For me, another local meet not to be missed - especially watching Tigers beat Aston Martins..... :mrgreen:

Great turnout seen from Simon James, Peter Dod, Tristan Bradfield, Jackie Cochrane & Zoe North in their immaculate Tigers and a few random pics below to give you an idea of the very relaxed meet in Cheshire. Tigers were certainly attracting a lot of attention, both the racers and club members supporting the marque.

Oh yeh, Cochrane won :mrgreen:

The one on the right wasn't racing.... :mrgreen:

I do like curves..... 8)

Start of race..

Rain starts half way through the Tiger race, just typical! :roll:

Non Tiger pic to end.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 am

Thanks for posting the pictures... some very nice shots. Not very nice race conditions though. Love that black Tiger... big rubber on the rear. 8)
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:11 am

Tony,

Thanks for the pics.

It's interesting on the No13 black tiger (apart from i havent seen any racer except bugatti's carry that number! and a black car.. needs a cat (not tiger) sticker and its a perfect friday driver) Is running a rear multi vane diffuser. I'd love to know what effect that has on the tiger.. does it have a undertray or any link to the front splitter to draw air under the car.. the tigers X brace is a large wind trap.. but covered would almost be a ground effect profile as it dips in the centre and the rises again with a longer run to the rear.... if we have learnt anything from F1 this year.. maybe finish the exhausts further towards the front of the car and let them blow the diffuser for more grip!

Also the TGR64 white racer has had me puzzeld for a while, the rear guard profile has been bulged like they do on the aston DB racers.. and i saw that a while ago, but there was still something else.. now i know.. they removed the wheel arch lip.. small change but quite a large visual difference.

A picture shows Jackie spun and he still won? Man he is a brave/skilled driver in a fast car. Maybe you should take that lovely stock MKII out and see how it goes.. they were the most powerful stock tiger.. you could even refit the MKII sill stripes for that late 60s racey look :P
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am

michael-king wrote:Jackie spun and he still won? Man he is a brave/skilled driver in a fast car.
Out of the five Tigers in the race, I saw four spin off into the grass - with thankfully no damage, all these guys, given the very wet conditions are indeed experienced.

Sadly, I have in the past caught on film many race cars smashed up in collisions on the circuit (no Tigers thankfully) but will not upload to internet as they are not pretty :cry: Does remind you that these guys are "full on" racers and don't hold back! :shock: I'm happy to stay behind the chicken wire and watch at a distance :wink:

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:33 am

Tony,

I think not posting the accident pics is very decent of you, people dont need to see that, and i am sure all hope that in those cases the drivers are ok and that the cars can be repaired.

As for racing tigers, not sure if you spotted these on Youtube.. Tiger racing at silverstone in the Masters GT series.. car looks very lively (drift/rally style) but the driver seems to be keeping it on track, if loosing a little time on the sideways exits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPK7tXVBk88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEbRQ-rsi8M
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA