Sunbeam Tiger B9472260HRO UK Reg EPO 500C

Post infomation or questions about vehicle & production numbers
rootes1

B9472260 HROFE DRIVE TRAIN INFO

Post by rootes1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:45 am

Hello Brian,

Any chance I could get you to help clear up a point of confusion in the Jensen ledgers concering the gearbox assignment for your car? There are two Tigers reported with the same number, so I was hoping you could confirm what is stamped on the metal tag rivetted to the right side of the transmission case, across from the filler plug.

Norman Miller
rootes1@earthlink.net

Re: B9472260 HROFE DRIVE TRAIN INFO

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:20 am

rootes1 wrote:Hello Brian,

Any chance I could get you to help clear up a point of confusion in the Jensen ledgers concering the gearbox assignment for your car? There are two Tigers reported with the same number, so I was hoping you could confirm what is stamped on the metal tag rivetted to the right side of the transmission case, across from the filler plug.

Norman Miller
rootes1@earthlink.net
Norman,
Yes, I will gladly look at that, but will need to do it at the weekend, when I can get the car up on some ramps.Please bear with me!!!
Brian

Brian Boxall

Re: B9472260 HROFE DRIVE TRAIN INFO

Post by Brian Boxall » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:21 pm

Norman,
I looked under the car today, and all that remains of the alloy tag that you describe is the screw that holds it and a tiny piece of the tag. The rest has been broken off some time in the past and is not there,
One thing confuses me: are you saying that 2 cars claim to be B9472260 ???. If that's the case, how else can we determine which is genuine, and which is not?
Thanks, Brian

rootes1

GEARBOX IDENT

Post by rootes1 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:02 am

Brian,
Not to worry. The ledgers are reporting two different Tigers with the same gearbox assignment. That simply can't be, so when I get the chance it's worth asking.

Thanks for the extra effort.

Norman Miller
rootes1@earthlink.net