New Concours Awards. Miles/Boskoff Cups

Post general questions relating to Tigers
pushrod

New Concours Awards. Miles/Boskoff Cups

Post by pushrod » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm

I'm pleased to say that the STC Committe have supported my suggestion to name the new STC concours cups after Ken Miles and George Boskoff.

Until now the Club has only had one trophy, The Caroll Shelby Cup for the winner of the standard class at the annual concours awards. To make things a bit fairer it was decoded to introduce cups for the other two categories, personalised and modified.

To maintain some sort of synergy the new cups will be named after Ken Miles (modified) and George Boskoff (personalised). Both these guys were significant in producing the first two Tiger prototypes as instigated by Shelby following Ian Garrad's idea to install the Ford V8 as in the Cobra.

Ken Miles, who raced and developed Shelby's Cobras, Mustangs and GT40's built the first Tiger prototype. He was recently portrayed by Christian Bale in the Le Mans 1966/Ford v Ferrari film.

George Boskoff was one of Shelby American's most talented engineers. George built the second prototype with consideration for how the car could be mass produced by Rootes.

More details in an upcoming Cats Whiskers

Unfortunately due to the pandemic there won't be a concours judging this year. These new cups will hopefully be awarded to the best in class next year.

Lou Lusardi.
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie

BillRo

Re: New Concours Awards. Miles/Boskoff Cups

Post by BillRo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Good idea Lou, those guys deserve recognition.

bigbob

Re: New Concours Awards. Miles/Boskoff Cups

Post by bigbob » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Great idea. I was 1st in Supercharged class the other year and got nothing.