Interior Trim colour

Post general questions relating to Tigers
stuartb

Interior Trim colour

Post by stuartb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:58 am

I am trying to work out the colour of the interior trim of my Wedgewood Blue mk1 Tiger.
The few original trim parts I have are -
Top Dash pad, Lower Dash pad, Trim around soft top storage bins etc & Kick panels are Black.
The Seats however are Dark Blue with light Blue piping.

Is this the right combination of colours - all trim panels, door cards etc in Black, Seats Dark Blue with Light blue piping?

What should be on the horizontal storage area behind the seats, Padded Vinyl or Carpet and what colour, dark blue or black?

Stuart

gvickery
Site Admin

Re: Interior Trim colour

Post by gvickery » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 am

Stuart. Unless the original order was 'personalised' your #53 paint code machine would have:
Black upholstery with Wedgwood Blue seat piping and Black carpets.
The upright panel of the soft top bin should be black vinyl.

BUT if you have dark blue seats with WB piping it is quite possible they were installed from the outset.
Yours is an early HRO so it may well have been ordered as opposed to being dealer stock.

stuartb

Post by stuartb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:28 am

Thank you Graham,
I have just had another look at the seat material out in the daylight and I think it is black (not very good at colours) the piping is wedgewood blue.
So now I just have to find a supplier for good covers or a trimmer to make some from my patterns.

What should cover the panel behind the front seats where if it had a rear seat the seat base would be? I have seen some cars with a pleated vinyl like the front seats and others with carpet.

bernd_st

Post by bernd_st » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 pm

You'ld be correct with the pleated vinyl...

stuartb

Post by stuartb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 pm

Thank you

bernd_st

Post by bernd_st » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:40 pm

and on the MkI's the piping on the rear pleated vinyl should be in car colour. So in your case Wedgewood blue ...