A California Tiger for you?

Post general questions relating to Tigers
nicam

A California Tiger for you?

Post by nicam » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 am

Just found this;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1374802649

Hard to believe that a blowing exhaust is a major problem to be pointed out in the description! Oh, and paint and interior as well!

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Looks a nice genuine example, and once clearly cherished by the owner with them nice bolt on bits. Shame it's lost the air filter housing. Doesn't seem to be a 'rot box' like a few of late. Be interesting to see if the auction goes to the end. :P

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:15 pm

oh yeh, lovely colour combo .... :mrgreen:

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Another 'jewel' here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Sun ... ars_Trucks

Where have these machines been?

Amazing the number of totally rotten ones popping up nowadays!

Mal

Post by Mal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 am

That's a sad and sorry sight Graham. :(

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Now this is a sorry sight....... :shock:

Back on topic......I see the auction for the MK2 link earlier in this thread hasn't seen the end of the eBay auction, typical :roll:

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Tomaselli wrote:Be interesting to see if the auction goes to the end
Surprise, surprise.......

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:23 pm

and another, pulled listing before the auction end :x

Warren

Most of These cars Started on Craiglist n Stalking Story

Post by Warren » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:47 am

This 39 car from Oakland started with a Craigslist price of 25,000 USD as the hits kept coming in the seller changed his mind and relisted at 30,000 then 33,000. I had called him and got a return call the first day the ad was up. The car was also listed on Hemmings. All posting used the same weak poor resolution pics in the beginning but got marginally better as time went on. When it hit eBay the glory of the memory of cell phones with caller id the seller said the car had been started and was now driving. The car was marketed as a NO RUST car what was not said was that's cause it had some hobby car scabbing over repairs in the boot that showed on the later pics.
There were no pics of the tougher to repair rust areas. Being a So. Cal. car guy I'd say we got a big state some parts have 200 days of rain per year.
My beach area depending on the North Westerlies and the surf conditions can be as as brutal as the east coast of the US.

The MK2 was discussed on CAT with a beware posting.

The GT last described was 3 hours out of LA by car and got I'd bet got picked by the first guy who could confirm what original numbered bits were there and a wad of USD

Its really amazing I had one 3 blocks from my house I'd been trying to buy for several years. It was given to a E Type Jag car guy neighbor's wife on condition he restore it. He was convinced he'd have 40,000 into the restore and offered it to me for 10,000. Long story his wife called PO and he said I want car back and MRS complied. All that time I resisted the urge to approach this guy's wife hit her up with a ,"what would you rather have a new granite counter tops in this kitchen or the car in the driveway?"
In the end I lost the car but a marriage survived a Tiger.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Interesting Warren, I do like rarity of GT cars - I wonder if they were only for the North American market.

This example does look stunning. :shock:

Warren

6 or so

Post by Warren » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:27 am

Couple listed on CAT forum now, two long from a long term club officer to come and one from a move up buyer, they are out here.The red car in Oakland is still on Hemmings, waiting for his 33,000 USD you'd think in the back yard of STOA if it was what seller says it'd be sold for sure. I may get the chance to drive the red auto trans car on CAT next week as owner can no longer drive and he wants to take it to a local event. I did drive the other local car too as the move up buyer asked me to have a look with him. Back in the single days we call girls geographically undesirable. Even though these cars are far away 16" average yearly of rain in So. Cal. is rather easy on cars. But you still must beware of the Pacific Ocean and salt air. Happy hunting I wish I could have a few more.