The Book of Norman - SOLD

Post small ads for Alpine and Tigers parts.
odl21

Post by odl21 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:38 pm

it could be published for free using the amazon print on demand service. each copy would cost about $50 and he would even make money from each one sold. i pointed that out to norman but he hasn't followed up so i guess he has other reasons for not wanting more copies. perhaps he regrets publishing info to help people make algers, perhaps he enjoys the status of the book, both would be understandable reasons.

i agree with michael, and believe it should be freely available now its fully paid off, however, whatever the reason, its his information and he has the right to do what he chooses with it.

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:22 am

odl21 wrote:it could be published for free using the amazon print on demand service. each copy would cost about $50 and he would even make money from each one sold. i pointed that out to norman but he hasn't followed up so i guess he has other reasons for not wanting more copies. perhaps he regrets publishing info to help people make algers, perhaps he enjoys the status of the book, both would be understandable reasons.

i agree with michael, and believe it should be freely available now its fully paid off, however, whatever the reason, its his information and he has the right to do what he chooses with it.
Hi,

For $50, more copies would definitely be sold. I think the more pressure people put on Norman, the less likely he will be to publish any more books. It is one thing enjoying the status of the book, but I'm sure he will never see any more money from the sale of the BON. I'm sure Norman would not be happy to hear that his books are making other people lots of money especially when he struggled.
If Norman decided to put something online, I think there should be a fee associated with it so that the author (Norman) receives some benefit from its sale.

Regards, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Rob,

If he puts it online as owain suggests he WILL make money off it.
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

garyv8tiger

Post by garyv8tiger » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 pm

he will make money until some clown copies it off the web and knocks it out on ebay for 99p a go

Red Race Tiger

The book of Norman

Post by Red Race Tiger » Sat May 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Not sure how many saw it but a copy recently sold on U S ebay for a little over £500