Reduced OD "Fairmont" fan pulley

Post small ads for Alpine and Tigers parts.
Hoghead

Reduced OD "Fairmont" fan pulley

Post by Hoghead » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:37 am

110.00 USD + 20.00 USD post
For why you want this pulley, read the "Cooling the Sunbeam Tiger" paper by Tiger Tom and Chuck King.
[/url]http://teae.org/cooling-the-sunbeam-tig ... huck-king/

Unfortunately a common Ford pulley will not fit the Tiger, and the Fairmont pulley is very difficult to find today. If you are lucky enough to find a Fairmont pulley, you will find that it is not only expensive, but an ugly 2 or 3 sheave design. Effective as it is, I just did not like the ugly Fairmont pulley on my car, was unable to find an aftermarket alternative, so I set out to make these.

This pulley is CNC machined from a single billet of 6061 T-6 aluminium. With the Tiger specific 1" centre hole, and proper backspacing it is a direct replacement for the stock pulley. Supplied in as machined condition, so you can use as is, or polish, paint, or powdercoat as you prefer.

I have spent 45 years with my eyes glued to the temperature gauge every time I got stuck in traffic and at lights. I tried all the common mods set out out in the referenced paper, and this pulley helped the most in solving my Tigers overheating issues.

A great stealth mod, and most importantly it works and looks great!

Shipped via registered air mail from my home in Thailand, and transit will take about 3 weeks to the UK
Shipping is door to door traceable, and the tracking number is provided the day shipped.

Last edited by Hoghead on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoghead

Post by Hoghead » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:52 am

I see that Photobucket is holding me hostage for 400.00 USD year. The fact that this has disrupted every pic posted on the web makes me say to hell with them

Hoghead

Post by Hoghead » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 am

Mal

Post by Mal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 am

Nice pulley. I used a aftermarket alluminium pulley and had aluminium welded to it then re-machined.
I was going to add a pic through image shack BUT it looks as though they are just photofucket as well, so there you go. Perhaps iof everyone removed and closed there accounts from them something may change.

https://imageshack.com/i/idEPSYksj