Interior Door Handles - Chrome Screws

Post small ads for Alpine and Tigers parts.
Tomaselli

Interior Door Handles - Chrome Screws

Post by Tomaselli » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Finally got to change the door handles on my Tiger from 'repro' units to genuine NOS units, and whilst I had to take the door panel off (first time ever) I noticed that I do not have the correct panhead chrome screws that secure the interior door handles in place.

Despite somebody using self tappers, I do have suffcient thread to allow the use of orginal screws so if anybody has a set they could spare me (please)

Looks like they are an odd size thread, hence I can't find anything that will fit :(

:mrgreen:

Cheers

Red Race Tiger

Post by Red Race Tiger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Woudn't be a B A thread would it there? Sure isn't metric.

garyv8tiger

Post by garyv8tiger » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 am

its been well messed with that car .is anything original on it .i have lots of them screws .i can list some on ebay for you if you like

ksherlock

door handle screws

Post by ksherlock » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm

The original screws were No. 10 UNF x 3/4 inch cheeseheads.These are not all that easy to find thesedays. NAMRICK do stock No. 10 x 3/4 inch hex head set screws which you can put a slot in with a hacksaw and then round off the corners on the hex head or you can use a M5 x 19mm pan head which has the same pitch as the No. 10 UNF. Hope this info helps.

I have just looked on the NAMRICK website and found that they now stock chrome pan head machine screws No. 10 UNF x 3/4 inch . They come with a posidrive head. Price 36p each.