Login to forum.

Post details of Tigers for sale and wanted here. Please include vin /chassis no.
gtsmrt

Login to forum.

Post by gtsmrt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi,

I have noticed lately that when I return to the forum on this site, I am having to log in even though I checked the little square on the login page. Are other experiencing this problem and are there some technical issues with the site? It is not a big deal, just curious :) .

Thanks, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Robin

Thanks for pointing this out. I can't say what it is due to; certainly not down to Forum Admin. Can only guess its to do with the Forum provider.. unless someone knows differently!

Graham
STOC Editor

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the response. It's not a big deal, just thought I would bring it to the boards attention.

Regards, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

Wilbur Bud

Post by Wilbur Bud » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Same for me, it's the only forum of several that provides this feature for me. I'm not sure if any other forums of which I'm a member use this same forum type (phpBB?). EDIT (whoopsiedaisy - Tigers East Alpines East is a phpBB site, and it *always* remembers me fondly) /endedit

It's not precisely every time however. Login presence survives rebooting, but it seems to evaporate at about midnight UK time each day. Works the same in XP or Win7 for me, although I've not tested it on any browsers other than IE.

So, perhaps there exists a timer or nightly sweeping out setting in the phpBB whereby some (or all?) credentials are blanked.

Thankfully, it does remember my password, provided I can remember by username.

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Wilbur, I'm no computer buff beyond the basics but I find if I use my 'virus scanner' it will clear all stored user ID's and passwords. Also, I think 'Explorer Options' settings can be set so that all temporary files etc are cleared out on shut down. But as I say this stuff ain't my strong point.

Graham
STOC Editor

Wilbur Bud

Post by Wilbur Bud » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:13 am

Well, in my opinion it's this site and not the user, as I have joined many various discussion forums, and TEAE even uses the same forum software, and all others remember me for a long time (up to the point I delete all internet files as you mention).

If nothing else, I would appreciate that the login takes you to the new posts since last time page instead of the PM page to save a few clicks. I don't have access, but I would expect the total number of PMs is somewhat or even drastically lower than the number of new postings.

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Wilbur. I've looked at your 'profile' and can see nothing different with it from anyone else. As you know this phpBB format is provided by a 3rd party and is pretty bullitt proof. All I do is bin the spammers and everything else looks after itself. Still, when my 'learned IT' son is next here I'll ask him!

Graham