Superior Oil Filter

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
V8 burble

Superior Oil Filter

Post by V8 burble » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:28 pm

For those Tiger owners seeking superior oil filtration, have a look at the V8F 8990 filter which is custom made by Cummins Fleetguard for David Brown. David has been involved with oil filtration since 1986 and with Cummins Fleetguard since 1997.
David's website is:
http://www.v8filters.co.uk/

Quote: “The main difference between conventional oil filters and the V8F filter is in the filter media. In general terms all other engine filters include paper media which captures all the contamination (supposedly), but it doesn't!
Paper media is 50 year old technology and it has very poor performance.
The V8F 8990 includes bonded glassfibre media - infinitely more efficient, so contamination in your engine oil is captured and RETAINED.
In comparison the non-bonded paper media of a standard engine filter flexes when its subject to high revs or cold starts so the dirt goes back into circulation.
I must point out that the V8F filter is 32mm longer than normal (so as to provide better oil flow capabilities and higher dirt holding capacity) Please make sure you have space to spare before you buy!
Incidentally, I drive a 3.9 v8 Land Rover and travel around 24000 miles per year - I change my oil and filter every 12 months and the oil is SPOTLESS. With such clean oil circulating the engine does not wear any more and will outlast you!”

For one filter the price is £16 plus £4 carriage.
For 2 off filters the price will be £16 each and carriage will be £6.
For 3 or 4 filters in one shipment price will be £15 each and carriage will be £8.

David's PayPal email is:
slicebrown@hotmail.co.uk

Independent Tests on V8F 8990:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... oA&cad=rja

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:02 pm

As ever, great technical info - :D

V8 burble

Post by V8 burble » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Many thanks, Tomaselli.

I hope to submit more in due course.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Seems these are no longer made and website as listed above now inactive.

I bought one via STOC a few years back, any ideas why production has ceased. I thought they were supposed to be superior in their design to the more conventional paper element.

Pity of the company or technology has folded....

martin172

Post by martin172 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:26 am

Tomaselli wrote:Seems these are no longer made and website as listed above now inactive.

I bought one via STOC a few years back, any ideas why production has ceased. I thought they were supposed to be superior in their design to the more conventional paper element.

Pity of the company or technology has folded....
Superior product does not mean superior sales.
People are fickle.

Why not e-mail him. Might have a few kicking about.