Eidlebrook Manifold/Holly carb

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
Tigerfan

Eidlebrook Manifold/Holly carb

Post by Tigerfan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi, I'm restoring a 65 Tiger purchased as an abandoned project. The engine is stock 260 but the previous owner has fitted a Eidlebrook manifold to match the 4 pot Holly Carb that was previously fitted on the standard manifold ?? However the Holly has'nt been fitted to the manifold so I'm unsure of the fitment.
Ques: Does thye Holly go directly onto the Eidlebrook without spacer. There are 2 gaskets that came with the Holly trick Kit that came with the boxes of bits, one just contacting the outer flange and one with a web down the middle. Which one to use ? Presumably there is no plumbing to the Holley as the original Ford carb, so I assume that the heater hose goes from the pump to the heater matrix, back to the Heater valve, through the T piece with water temp sensor, then to the pump. The Holly choke I assume is electric ? How does it function ? Thanks in anticipation, Rich :?

paulw

carb

Post by paulw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi i just rebuilt my carb and you get more gaskets then you need as they do a number of carbs , i did read in a tuning book that choke should not be used on the tiger hope this helps a bit

paul

gtsmrt

Re: Eidlebrook Manifold/Holly carb

Post by gtsmrt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 am

Tigerfan wrote:Hi, I'm restoring a 65 Tiger purchased as an abandoned project. The engine is stock 260 but the previous owner has fitted a Eidlebrook manifold to match the 4 pot Holly Carb that was previously fitted on the standard manifold ?? However the Holly has'nt been fitted to the manifold so I'm unsure of the fitment.
Ques: Does thye Holly go directly onto the Eidlebrook without spacer. There are 2 gaskets that came with the Holly trick Kit that came with the boxes of bits, one just contacting the outer flange and one with a web down the middle. Which one to use ? Presumably there is no plumbing to the Holley as the original Ford carb, so I assume that the heater hose goes from the pump to the heater matrix, back to the Heater valve, through the T piece with water temp sensor, then to the pump. The Holly choke I assume is electric ? How does it function ? Thanks in anticipation, Rich :?
Hi Rich,

You can fit a spacer and there are some Ford spacers available or just buy an after-market spacer. The height of the spacer will depend upon the height of your manifold and carburettor to the underside of your bonnet. You can also run without a spacer if you choose. I believe the Holley carburettor's can have manual, electric and some even hot air chokes. If yours is electric, you will need to run a wire from the 'on' position of the ignition switch to the '+' on the coil. The '-' terminal to ground. The choke coil is then energised when you turn the ignition switch.

Hope this helps, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

odl21

Post by odl21 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:23 pm

i have an electric choke but i've essentially turned it off because i don't want it ever sticking on. i never need it, even in the winter and its an added complication and current drain. just keep your foot on the accelerator for 20 seconds after starting.