Kenlowe fans- in front of radiator

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
Tigercat

Kenlowe fans- in front of radiator

Post by Tigercat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Now aware that a puller fan will not fit between radiator and block, can anyone tell me which is the most suitable pusher fan, ( make and model number would be great) to place between grille and radiator?

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi,

There have been a number of different installations of fan's in Tiger's. I personally have twin 10" fans installed, but I have heard that they can be too restrictive when not working (I have not had any problems though). The 12" fan is a good choice as it flows well and can be fitted into the area with reasonable ease. There was also a guy who installed a 16" fan, but also modified the front valance and not using the engine fan.
In regards to brands, Davies craig, Kenlowe, Derale, etc seem to be the top brands, but it is entirely up to you and your wallet (there are cheaper alternatives, but don't know about their quality).

Regards, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

Tigercat

Post by Tigercat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi Robin,
Many thanks for the info. I'll go for a 12'' fan with over-ride switch , probably one of the new breed of Kenlowe curved fans. Its only sitting in traffic that the temp gauge soars.
All the best
Pete

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:35 am

Hi,

No problems at all, I get it right once in a while :) . I installed an electronic controller for my fans with an over-ride switch. The traffic overheating is very common, but is fixable.

Regards, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE