EFI

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
s2mpf

EFI

Post by s2mpf » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Anyone fitted EFI? If so which kit, any problems and where did you tie in the fuel return line?

Mal

Post by Mal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 pm

I fitted a Quick fuel Technologies kit. Was fairly straight forward to fit. The return line was fitted to the fuel filler neck with a 90deg bend pointing down as a fair amount of fuel is returned to the tank. I also made up a new tank cross over tube with a larger outlet and I also 1/2 blocked the ends to create a surge tank from it. This way the fuel can't uncover the outlet if the tanks are low during cornering. You must always have a fuel supply with EFI.

My ECU did pack up after a year. I had mounted it behind the false floor. They say you can mount it under the bonnet. They told me it was probably heat that saused it to fail and it only had a months warrenty. I told them if it was heat that caused the problem and they are adverising you can mount it under the bonnet and mine was in the cabin they should replace the ECU.
It caused a fair amount of expence as we were away at the time which I told them about so they decided to replace it for me.

Cold starts are great. Just turn the key and it fires straight up and settles down to a nice idle. I have better low and mid range power, looks cool and you can fiddle with the settings with out getting your hands dirty. You can ust it to contol your ign timming as well. I havn't yet but probably will.

Cheers Mal

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:45 pm

I got a great deal on a Mustang set up. 8 injectors & throttle body. I went whole way and also removed distributor & went for coil packs triggered from sensor on bottom pulley. All controlled by Emerald ECU. Return fuel pipe also feeds back into 90 bend cut into filler neck. I used swirl pot in spare wheel well to ensure constant fuel.