toggle switches escutcheon labels/rings

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
overthethrilltoo

toggle switches escutcheon labels/rings

Post by overthethrilltoo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:20 pm

To save me washing the windscreen every time I want the fan on, can anyone tell me where I can get some metal or similar labels for my toggle switches? the ring type escutcheon ones that go under the outer ring of the switch would be good.
I've seen some good aux fan and washer ones on Ebay but would be great if I could find some other compatible ones for lights etc.

Any ideas?

overthethrilltoo

Post by overthethrilltoo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:28 am

Im replying to myself here but in order maybe to provide a reference to others... This chap on Ebay(and probably elsewhere) seems to provide a solution. I will update you when I order and receive it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-Alpin ... SwOyJX--td

Ebay user name
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/fairefield68? ... 7675.l2559

tgr747

Post by tgr747 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:49 pm

i think sunbeam spares company stock these items

Pierre

Post by Pierre » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:03 pm

You could check out Land Rover switch labels. Slightly different format to Tiger ones but they fit!

overthethrilltoo

Post by overthethrilltoo » Thu May 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Reference the source found on Ebay I mention above. Used him to supply mine including one with different script and they are great. You do have to be careful not to break them though when you put them on. (I broke one but happily enough of the ring left on it to nip it under the switch..(no-one would know...except ,now of course, they will!) :oops:

overthethrilltoo

Post by overthethrilltoo » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 am

Just had an update from the guy who makes these...he is now making them out of a slightly thicker sheet so they shouldn't break at all unless you are really ham fisted. What a nice chap to update me about this...totally recommended.

Not only that the repro switch I was fitting said snapped label round seems to have a minimally thicker shaft than the originals so that forced it a bit too much..so totally my fault (there's a surprise!)