Tailshaft bearing for T5

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
le tigre

Tailshaft bearing for T5

Post by le tigre » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:06 pm

I have just spent a depressing morning under my Tiger. Quite a lot of fluid escaping past the tailshaft oil seal of the T5. Can't seem to find a supplier for a new one anywhere. Anyone got any ideas ?
Also, the clutch slave cylinder is weeping. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a standard setup. Instead of the standard arrangement with the cylinder mounting to a bracket fixed between the bellhousing and the gearbox. This slave cylinder has a side mounting onto the side flange of the gearbox. I don't particularly want to have to split the box and bellhousing to insert a new bracket. Easiest would be to replace the slave, as it works fine. It is marked Aisin 13/16 on the casing, and when I did a search that comes up as a Toyota !!
Help please !! Isn't Tiger ownership brilliant
:roll:

ksherlock

clutch slave cyl

Post by ksherlock » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:01 pm

The standard bracket bolts on using two of the bell housing bolts. Surely the simplest solution would be to get a standard bracket and a new slave cylinder. I don't know if there is much clearance to fit the bracket with the engine in situ. Splitting the box and bell housing is not necessary surely.