Space saver wheel options

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
pushrod

Space saver wheel options

Post by pushrod » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 am

I was going to discard my standard spare wheel for the Monte trip and just rely on a couple of air cannisters. However a friend told me of some issues he recently had with his modern car when the cannister failed to seal the puncture and as he didn't have a spare he was stuck until the AA arrived.

So I'm now considering a space saver. I know a Peugeot 206 one will fit but as most of these are located under the boot they will probably be rusty. Is there another alternative from another manufacturer? Are Ford and Saab still the same hole spacing?

Thanks

Lou.
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Great question, it will be interesting to see if there is a suitable alternative. Mine was also rusty from the 206, in fact most I have seen have plenty of surface rust but they do cleanup ok.

Also remember, that the 'dish' on the 206 variant allows for front wheel/hub clearance should you have the popular Peugeot Brembo conversion.

A space saver is a great idea as it allows for more room for spares and tools on the Monte epic trip :mrgreen:

Hopefully we will have somebody in the 'trade' who can try a few alternative space savers for the Tiger.