Cleaning seats

Post any Tech Tips or any matters and questions relating to upkeep
meadowhog

Cleaning seats

Post by meadowhog » Sat May 11, 2013 12:13 am

Im titivating but cant find a way of cleaning the creases in the seat pattern. What ever I do I end up leaving a greyness in the crease of the pattern. Silicon sprays work for about a day; steam cleaning doesnt work and may damage the vinyl and fairy liquid and a scub doesnt work.

Cant find anything on web that works. Any ideas?

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu May 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Sounds like I'm a sad case, but - electric vibrating toothbrush with vinyl cleaning solution works best for. Really lifts up the years of grime. OK, I'm open to abuse now........ :mrgreen:

pushrod

Post by pushrod » Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Try Simoniz "Back to Black", it's meant for plastic bumpers but it brings up vinyl seats really well.

I will refrain from making any comments in relation to vibrating electrical devices!

Lou
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm

pushrod wrote:I will refrain from making any comments in relation to vibrating electrical devices!
Thanks Lou, though the toothbrush does have a funny after taste after giving the seats a good cleaning over.

I use the Auto Glym vinyl and rubber cleaner spray, usually giving it a through soaking for a few hours will help.

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Thu May 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks guys. Ive got some back to black, I'll try that first.

Tony, do you cut your grass with nail clippers too? And a tip for you, I use the wifes tooth brush for that sort of thing and blame the kids. No funny taste at all.