South African Tiger

Post infomation or questions about vehicle & production numbers
chris

South African Tiger

Post by chris » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:55 am

Hi everyone i am looking to buy a tiger and have found one for sale with a dealer.It is shown in your classifieds now sold(dark blue,belonging to Des)Has anyone seen the car or know anything about the condition etc.Any help would be gratefully received.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Chris and welcome 8)

There was an earlier thread discussing the same car which might be of interest to you;

http://sunbeamtiger.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=631

Best of luck with finding a suitable car, and if you need any help........just ask :D

chris

Post by chris » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 am

Thanks for your help,i am going to look at it this week

bigee12345

Post by bigee12345 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi Chris,did you look at this car? What did you think of it? Come to that did you buy it!!?

chris

Post by chris » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 am

Hi,i did have a look at the Tiger.I am not an expert but this is what i found.The running gear seemed well maintained,no leaks or smoking.The gearbox seemed a little noisy.The interior was a litle tired but seemed original.Underneath seemed to be in good condition.
Bad points ,rear of left sill bubbling badly,paintwork quite poor(cracking on rear and bootlid.Possible worn 1st gear .Passenger door window frame loose,both window regulators need replacing.
Generally an honest car
I was disapointed at how it was presented,ie glove box came away in my hand,gear knob falling apart and buzzing ,hard top front clip screws missing and bouncing up and down on the road test and finally passenger window nearly falling out.All these things aren't major problems but didn't inspire confidence in the rest of the car as the vendor hadn't bothered to even find some screws
There was no negotiation on the price so i will keep looking at the momment.Please note i don't pretend to be an expert.
regards Chris

bigee12345

Post by bigee12345 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Chris,have to say its pretty much what i found....for the money being asked i thought it would need too much spending on it to bring it up to standard of better cars ....probably be cheaper to spend more upfront.
No offence to seller if you are reading this!

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:01 am

chris wrote:There was no negotiation on the price
That is surprising considering the state and condition of the car - especially when it's being sold by a dealer at a large "mark-up" :roll: