Ebay Tiger?

Post infomation or questions about vehicle & production numbers
derek lloyd

Ebay Tiger?

Post by derek lloyd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Over a year ago I visited the 'Clevedon garage' advertising a 'Tiger' however it turned out to be a pile of bits awaiting assembly the registration book showed an Alpine identification number? Currently there is a restored Tiger for sale from the same garage at £24,999! Coincidence?

gvickery
Site Admin

eBay 'Tiger'

Post by gvickery » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:15 pm

STOC records show that the registration number on the vehicle offered for sale by this garage is that of a Tiger and I understand the chassis number on this vehicle is that of a Tiger and that it goes with the registration number. However, the Club always recommends that potential buyers arrange an authenticity inspection via the Club if in doubt, and to do so before making an offer.

The Club has privileged information on this car (and almost every UK Tiger) which we cannot disclose without consent.

Do you recall the chassis number that you saw on the Alpine log book and the registration number that went with it?

STOC Editor
Last edited by gvickery on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 am

Hi,

Hopefully for any prospective buyer it is a true tiger and not a fraud. Unfortunately the buyers don't always buy with their heads and fall into the trap of the unscrupulous seller. Are there any members that are near this garage to check out the car and report back? I would hate to hear that someone has been fraudulently stripped of such a large amount of money.

Regards, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE