Oulton Park - 25th June 2011 - "Swinging Sixties"

Post questions or information about Tigers and Motorsport
garyv8tiger

Oulton Park - 25th June 2011 - "Swinging Sixties"

Post by garyv8tiger » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 pm

well done andrew yates and adrian ,finished 3rd .great result

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Third in the actual race but a "class win" in the Swinging Sixties series against some stiff competition against some serious competitors. Well done Andrew and Adrian! 8)

Looking forward to more races for the series for the rest of the year: http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/

A few pics from the days meet, and am sure you will agree some great cars attending;

A rather quick Alpine!

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi Tom,
Thanks for posting the pictures... some beautifully presented cars racing. The black, 55 numbered Tiger looks fantastic.

Thanks again, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 am

Tony,

great pics as always,

The 55 car ticks about every sunbeam reference i can think of! The 55B graphics of the hollywood sports car tiger, the MKII tiger stripes on the sillls, the MKII headlight rims and "sunbeam" scripts behind the tiger emblems then all the stock MKI and LAt bits... its the family tree car!

Also, the number 8 car... looks to have a TVR centre section, marcos tail section and the front looks like XJS shaped guards and a nose off.. i dont know what?... what is the car? I would guess TVR because of the centre section and then had other FG body sections grafted on?
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 am

Michael,

That No8 special was certainly an "eye-catcher" and having first seen it on the circuit the overall proportions made the car look extremely well balanced and indeed it was quick.

I did catch up with it in paddocks and whilst I did see some reference to "grantura" on the bodywork I agree it does look as if it has TVR in its build with that ID plate on firewall . Could be a one off factory special or a home grown special but sadly I didn't enquire on the day :cry:

I liked it a lot :mrgreen:

But, if I had to take one home on that day it would to be this beaut' that was in the public car park 8) 8)

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 am

Tony,

With those closer shots and the engine choice i'd be quite comfortable thining its a TVR with extended tail body work and front chassis. Also.. amazing headers!

As for your acea preference, i'd put good $ on if you owned one it would either recieve a rudd stage 3 conversion or the cobra treatement before long... IIRC rob leach had a cobraised Acea for sale a few years back... :P
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

Bobbybutton

55B is a beaut

Post by Bobbybutton » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am

What a great looking Tiger

Looks standard even though can't be if its doing those laptimes...?