Grandstand Seating @ Goodwood

Post questions or information about Tigers and Motorsport
henry_v

Grandstand Seating @ Goodwood

Post by henry_v » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:09 am

For those of you that have been there, which of the grandstands at Goodwood offers the best views and protection from the elements.

HenryV

STOC Webmaster

Goodwood Motor Circuit

Post by STOC Webmaster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:00 pm

Henry

If you haven't already go to: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/ and click on 'Interactive Motor Circuit Map'. Woodcote is recommended.
It provides a good clear view of the action coming down the Lavant Straight, full on stuff around Woodcote Corner as they hammer up to the Chicane - just before the start line. Get tickets no more than 4 back - closer to the front the better. If you are going for more than 1 day, book Woodcote for Sunday but take part of a day walking beside the Lavant Straight or get beyond the startline grandstand and view the action track side. As you are a visitor and not a member of GRRC put a 50's suit and hat in your suitcase. That should get you into the Paddock.

STOC Webmaster

henry_v

Post by henry_v » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:08 am

Thanks for the tip, however Woodcote Grandstand is N/A on the Goodwood ticket purchase website. Is there any other source for tickets? I trust there is ample viewing and seating in the grass around the circuit?

Henry V

STOC Webmaster

Goodwood Revival

Post by STOC Webmaster » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Henry.
Yes, I am surprised that so much is sold out already. I suggest you try and book the Lavant Grandstand for the Sunday on top of your weekend
entry passes. There is ample trackside (standing) viewing and many refreshment tents to retreat to if the weather turns to rain at any point. Also, there is loads to see inside the circuit so you wont want to stay in Grandstand seats other than for the big races.
GRRC do not issue invitations to cars & drivers before mid-summer. So we
have no news of the possible involvement of the No8 LM Tiger in the RAC Tourist Trophy at this time.

STOC Webmaster