hard Top rear window

Post your questions or information about Tiger restorations
Tigerfan

hard Top rear window

Post by Tigerfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I purchased a rear window for my hardtop from Alpine West Midlands.

sadly its flat and although it's in, not a good fit on the corners in particular which understandably are under pressure from the rubber.

Is there a supplier of the correct curved screen. out there? Can't seem to find any.

With all the Alpines out there I would have thought there would have been a market?

Rich

tgr747

Re: hard Top rear window

Post by tgr747 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Sunbeam spares co used to sell the correct one with the right curves,worth asking them.

daftlad

Post by daftlad » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:04 am

On the salvage hunters SV these guys did the hard top:-https://www.plastics4performance.com/
you can see the episode on u tube, they must still have the pattern.
regards Russ.

garyf

Post by garyf » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:25 am

Rich

Did you get costs for the New Hardtop Windows off Plastics4performance?

Gary

Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:44 am

Hi Gary,

No I didn't. I got a price from Sunbeam spares at £250 ish plus packaging which seems expensive. I ended up fitting a flat acrylic one, although not perfect on the corners, does the job as I don't often use the car in the winter and not purposely when wet! Regards Rich

garyf

Post by garyf » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:06 am

Tigerfan wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:44 am
Hi Gary,

No I didn't. I got a price from Sunbeam spares at £250 ish plus packaging which seems expensive. I ended up fitting a flat acrylic one, although not perfect on the corners, does the job as I don't often use the car in the winter and not purposely when wet! Regards Rich
Yes, I had a similar price quoted for the correct curved rear and two side screens off Sunbeam Tiger & Alpine Spares, I also had a quote off the Manufacturer P4P But that was over £300 with the V.A.T. and postage :(

Reckon I'm going to have a go at cleaning the rear screen on mine, it's slightly scratched and yellowed.

I had some cleaning stuff recommended to me a while back, I've just never got around to buying any and having a go

The side windows are crazed slightly though, so I suppose new ones are needed.

Do you know if the Side windows are easy to swop over into the metal frames?

Gary