Carpets

Post your questions or information about Tiger restorations
cheshirecat

Carpets

Post by cheshirecat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:38 pm

I was wondering if anybody could offer advice on new carpet sets in the UK for my Tiger?

I’ve had a look around the internet and found a number of “off-the-peg” solutions and was wondering whether anybody had any experience with these sets. Do they fit well? Do they need fettling? What is the quality like, etc?

Coverdale look interesting (and I’ve seen some recommendations about their products) and Classic Car Carpets (http://www.classic-car-carpets.co.uk/pr ... ctid=16257) are in Merseyside (local to me and car offer pre-cut sound deadening). I have also used Don Trimming in the past (for my tonneau) and the quality of their stuff is very good.

I’m not after cheap, I’d rather have quality. And I’m “suspicious” of anything on eBay.

Any recommendations or advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

pushrod

Post by pushrod » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:02 pm

I bought a roll of carpet from Tappers in Birmingham and used the existing carpets as templates.
I found a lady in the local market who had a sewing machine capable of binding the edges of the ones that required edging. The binding I sourced from Woollies.
This way you can choose the quality of carpet yourself, the only tools needed was a sharp pair of dressmakers/upholstery scissors and some french chalk.
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie