Page 30 of 34

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:36 am
by Brad1380
Got them actually 2-1/4 inches apart :-), only one hole was clear the other 3 had the rivets broke off flush with the floor pan, so very hard to see.

Brackets are no problem just need to know what they look like.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:01 pm
by martin172
if you Google Sunbeam Alpine False Flloor and go to images you should see pics of the brackets. They each have a spire clip slipped onto them and the screw goes through 2 holes in the bottom of the false floor itself.

If you want pics and measurements let me know and I'll sort it later.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:37 pm
by Brad1380
Thanks, they look easy enough to rattle up.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:14 pm
by martin172
Brad1380 wrote:Thanks, they look easy enough to rattle up.
Ok. :D

I was on the ipad earlier and didn't notice the other pic of the front wing repair.
Looks very good.

Restoring a tiger is a crash course in all sorts of skills isn't it.

Ruffy's

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:21 am
by Tom_HRO260
Brad1380 wrote: Brackets are no problem just need to know what they look like.
G'Day Brad - Glad to see you're still progressing.

These are very quick and dirty, per usual, and from my Pig, not from my good car so can't speak for total legitimacy, but perhaps handy as a rough guide. Let me know if you need anything further and I'll see if I can help.
Cheers, Tom

Image

Image

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:59 am
by Brad1380
Thanks Tom, had a lot going on recently.

Heres the ones i did, near enough i reckon.

Image

Fitted the OS wing section, when i trial fitted it the first time nothing lined up, i almost sent it back, but after a lot of modifying its in & welded now.

Image

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:10 pm
by martin172
Those brackets look like the real thing.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:50 pm
by Brad1380
Thanks Martin :-)

I wasn't expecting the other wing section to fit easily & i wasn't disappointed, in fact it took a lot longer as the fit was worse than the other side & the A-post had come loose so quite a bit of remedial work before i could get onto the wing.

Image

Last panel is the valance & i know that doesn't fit so going to save that for next time on leave.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:01 pm
by martin172
Touch wood the tin bashing finishing line is in sight then. :D

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:34 pm
by Tom_HRO260
Brad1380 wrote: Last panel is the valance & i know that doesn't fit so going to save that for next time on leave.
Brad - second Martin's comments. Work is as ever impressive to follow and the false floor brackets look first class, and probably the easiest piece of sheet metal work you've done given all of your other repairs undertaken!

Great to see the rotisserie is multi tasking. That's a piece that's serving you well by the looks of things. Great stuff with the metal fab - keep posting as it always makes for an educational read. Well appreciated.
Cheers, Tom

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:44 pm
by Brad1380
Thanks Tom,

easy job filling in the speaker holes in the hood bin. One thing i found weird is the latches have countersunk screw holes, but pan heads were fitted not sure if that was a PO or Jensen running out of screws.

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:46 pm
by Tom_HRO260
Brad1380 wrote: One thing i found weird is the latches have countersunk screw holes, but pan heads were fitted not sure if that was a PO or Jensen running out of screws.
Hi Brad - you may already have this but there's a fastener list that's been around for quite some time that was put together by Kirt Jensen and is listed on the following site:
http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/KJ ... Bolts1.asp

Again, I'm far from expert so can't vouch for completeness, series application or accuracy, but it's probably a good starting point and a handy reference all the same. By my reading it looks as though they would have been pan head.

In the mean time, I'll scrounge through my parts bins of the resto - all labelled thankfully - and see if I can find mine for cross reference.

Cheers, Tom

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:32 am
by Brad1380
Had to reinstate the radiator panel flanged sides as they were rotten, also cut off the bottom section & replaced with a bar as thats supposed to be better for air flow.

Image

Had a lot of fettling to get the front valance right, internally & to get the wings to line up.

Image

Got there in the end, wing & valance are not too bad & the wheel arch curve looks ok too.

Image


Still a fair bit of tidying up & small welding jobs, but that the last major panel at last.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:09 am
by martin172
Well done Brad.
You must be very relieved.
Those wings and the valance have been a real pig haven't they.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 am
by Brad1380
Yes a right pain, glad the valance came with the car as its not a cheap panel.