Solitude Revival

Post general questions relating to Tigers
bernd_st

Solitude Revival

Post by bernd_st » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 pm

We had a nice weekend here at the Solitude Revival (Stuttgart , Germany) and our clubmates Tony & Martin did a great job to reprent Tigering at it´s best with their 2 MkII`s on the parade laps. Pls. see a glance from 9:42 (put the volume up) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmeaJVaOAHE

martin172

Post by martin172 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Great vid, thanks for sharing.

Tony said he was going to Germany.
I didn't realise it was so he could be a film star. :D

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 pm

He told his wife he was only nipping out to buy some bread!
Sounds mean.
This explains why no report from the National, or is it "what goes on tour, stays on tour"!

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Bob. Our 'official photographer' is still on his way back, via Chimay I think. In the mean time here's a clip of Neil Merry driving his F.I.A. compliant circuit racer at Silverstone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPK7tXVBk88 !!

Graham
STOC Editor

Mstowe

Solitude Revival

Post by Mstowe » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Bernd,

Nice to meet up with you & thanks for your help. Great to see the video on 'You Tube' so quickly. I'm looking forward to also seeing the one you took from Tonys car as we went around the circuit on the Saturday.

I know it's probably not one for the purists but a 347 stroker in a Tiger, it sure makes you smile when you drive it, great fun!

All the best,

Martin.

bernd_st

Post by bernd_st » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi Martin,

appearantly you could return well. A pleasure to meet you and yes it was great fun. Tony´s stroker created a big smile on my face - an extremely powerful engine with a great sound...

Even though a lovely original car as yours is also pleasing my eyes...

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Many thanks Bernd for looking after Martin and I, it was indeed a pleasure visiting your beautiful country. Safely back last night, and a total of 1869 miles covered in the Tiger in just the five day trip. I dare not say how many fuel stops Martin and I made :)

Lots of highlights over the weekend, including meeting very friendly German enthusiasts who all admire the Tigers despite the car not being sold in real numbers in Germany when new, the classic car movement is very strong there despite the damning efforts by the newly elected "Green" party!!

Delighted our Tigers put a smile on many of the spectators, I must admit though when on the parade lap demonstrating the cars :) I was suprised how many marshalls were over-zealous with their yellow flag waving - I even had one stand in the middle of the track aggressively pointing to slow us down. They must have thought mad Englishmen! ;)

Many good memories will remain, including blasting across country from Strasbourg to Leonberg/Stuttgart through the beautiful Black Forest, them slippery wet hairpin bends up the mountains with sheer drops was a fab experience. Sort of thing BigBob would have enjoyed in his supercharged beast!!

A handful of pics from the weekend;

En route, stopping off at the infamous Reims circuit in France

Stopping off through the Black Forest

At the Solitude Revival. lots of cars I've not naturally seen before;

With Stuttgart home to Mercedes and Porsche, their museums bought some fine machinery out

More local classics;

How rare is this!!!!!!

Martin and I were the only Brits to be seen;

One way to keep your cool!

Emergency repairs - nothing serious;

Nice watch, period Heuer Autavia I believe :)

125 year old Benz

Friendly bunch heaped in a Tiger :)

Looking forward to meeting more Swiss/German Tiger owners on the 50th celebrations :)

P.S. Thanks Bernd for the video :)
Last edited by Tomaselli on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sbt302

Post by sbt302 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 pm

mint Pic's Mr T.... love the blue merc bus.. 8)

martin172

Post by martin172 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Wow, great pics.

Love the birdcage Mazza and the Ferraris.

Were any of the cars from the Sinsheim museum. That looks like their Fezza transporter.

Where on earth did the skarknose Ferrari come from? Must be a very expensive repro.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Just remembered, this pic was in Luxembourg on the way back, one of the many many fuel stops :cry:

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 am

Tony,

Bugatti T59's, Gullwings, GT40's, Moss Nurburgring birdcage, startos, alfa 2300.. it goes on.. not to mention delectable tigers (infront of esso stations no less!)

Great pics as always. but I'm going to bill you for the new keyboard.. your posts should contain warnings.. the drool enducing pics are likely to have us all replacing keyboards and mouse combos
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Tomaselli wrote:a total of 1869 miles covered in the Tiger
Just worked through me petrol receipts, a total of 466.11 litres (102.5 gallons) of petrol used, equivalent to 18.23 miles per gallon :shock: :shock: or just over 37p per mile :mrgreen:

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Its a bargain, I'm envious.
You could spend that in a lap dancing club in a couple of hours & not have a fraction of the fun [so Gary tells me]

bernd_st

Post by bernd_st » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Lovely pics- thanks Tony. For those of you not knowing what to do on the August 6-7th weekend we´ll hold our annual meeting at a nice place in the austrian Alps. For your reference this is the Hotel we are using:

http://www.sport-kristall.at/de/hotel.html

We expect around 60-70 Sunbeam cars with the vast majority being Tigers. Many German & Swiss Tiger owners there. Will be great fun -just if anybody has some additional money to spend for fuel bills ;-))

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 am

What a beautiful turn out of cars and not many that I wouldn't love in my garage. Love the Ferrari transporter... awesome, and was there a reason for the Gullwing driving along with the door up? And what happened to the Green Mk II?
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE