How to upload your photos to the STOC website

Post general questions relating to Tigers
V8 burble

How to upload your photos to the STOC website

Post by V8 burble » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 pm

For the benefit of those members who would like to add photos to their written contributions, I hope the following instructions are useful.

First, sign up to Photobucket:

http://register.photobucket.com/

Before you fill in any personal details, make sure that you can read the verification details in “See this code?”.

If not, then press Refresh/Reload {icon with 2 green “roundabout” arrows at the top of browser}.

Keep pressing it until you find a readable verification.

Then, enter your personal details and choose a strong password. Make a note of the password and login name for future reference!

Press the Upload Now (white on green) button to upload your selected photos from your pc to your Photobucket account.

Next click on Select photos and videos.

You will need to browse your pc to the location where you have stored those photos (Pictures, My Pictures, My Photos, Documents, Desktop etc).

**Rather than using the Ctrl button to upload multiple photos, make sure that you use the excellent and fast Photobucket bulk uploader tool by clicking on the link featured on the same page.

Look for "Use our bulk uploader: upload multiple files, fast".

Once the photos are in your Photobucket account, you need to upload (copy & paste) those selected photos from your Photobucket account to the particular STOC topic where you want the photos to go.

Hover your mouse cursor/pointer over the selected photo in the Photobucket album and simply left click on the bold IMG Code.
You will see that a “copied” notice very briefly appears in the window to the right of IMG Code.

Go to the already opened STOC forum page, where you wish to place the photo, right click to bring up “Paste”, then left click on Paste.

It is a very good idea to leave a space between the accompanying text and the photo.

Job done.

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm

What am I doing wrong? I get to clicking on the img code but I either cant paste or theres nothing to paste.

Ive tried drag and drop, sharing, ctrl c etc but no joy.

martin172

Post by martin172 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:38 pm

If you're using Photobucket just left click on the img code and it will be copied. It should say in the little box.

Come on here, right hand click and paste.

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Tried that. Instructions are clear enough too. Feeling fustrated rather than dense right now.

Wilbur Bud

One other little quirk about site setup may help

Post by Wilbur Bud » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:24 pm

If you've never tried it, inspect the reply screen and see if BBCode is disabled. If yes, then once you enable BBCode by unticking the box, the IMG strings (and anything else like emoticons) should work OK? If that does the trick, then update your profile to "always allow BBCode" so you don't have to remember the next time.

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 pm

BBcode is ON. :(

If theres a pic below I think Ive sussed it. Ive got IMG code right under the pic as theres no title to the pics I want to upload. The 'IMG Code' is the one at the bottom of the list.

pushrod

Post by pushrod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Photobucket will no longer work on this or any other forum unless you pay them $400 for the privilege.

This is a test using IMGUR - see if it works

https://imgur.com/a/UoRnM
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Opens for me. Facebook is so much easier!