Lydiate Classic Car Show - Sunday 11th July 201

Post general questions relating to Tigers
FWY896C

Lydiate Classic Car Show - Sunday 11th July 201

Post by FWY896C » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:10 pm

For the second year running there is to be a Classic Car Show held on the field behind Lydiate Parish Hall on Sunday, 11th July 2010 from 10:00am to 16:00pm. There was a fairly decent turn out last year and the weather was good too.

It is £1 to display your vehicle or £2 entry with all proceeds going to Cancer Research.

Lydiate is easily reached from the end of Switch Island, where the M57 and M58 meet. The Parish Hall is located on the A5147, 10 miles (16 km) from Liverpool and 10 miles (16 km) from Southport. The postcode for Sat Navs or Google Maps is L31 4EE

The Parish Hall is approximately 500 yards from the historic Scotch Piper Inn, the oldest pub of the historic county of Lancashire and the ruins of St Catherines Abbey. The Leeds - Liverpool canal is also in close proximity.

Any type of Classic or interesting vehicle including motorbikes are more than welcome. Display vehicles are requested to turn up between 7.30am and 8.00am.

Any questions regarding this event, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

That's a pity, myself included there are a few Tiger owners in the North West who would certainly fancy that, I'm not that far being from the Wirral and a few members on this forum include owners in Southport/Formby/Lymm.

Sadly it clashes with the Le Mans Classic in France, but perhaps next year :?:

Details of the Wirral Classic Car Club - and do we know of any others in the region :?: and, perhaps sufficient interest for a STOC bi-monthly meet at a suitable venue. I believe there is an Anglo-American monthly meet somewhere..... we could coincide with that :wink:

FWY896C

Post by FWY896C » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 pm

I'd very much be up for that! My Tiger is sadly very far from being a runner though... :(