Tiger winter storage

Post general questions relating to Tigers
paulw

Tiger winter storage

Post by paulw » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Anyone on the best way to store your pride and joy in your lock up over the winter months, as shock horror had a look at the old girl today and she is covered in blisters cant belive it looks like a total paint job,anyway need to know for next year help any one

odl21

Post by odl21 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm

i'm no authority, but i can tell you what i do. salt seems to be the worst offender and it particularly evil on chrome.

1) i put a good layer of wax on the paint around december.

2) if it gets covered in salt, i hose it down carefully including underneath. and run it until its all nice and warm. dry it with a microfibre drying towl and then put it away.

3) i run the engine until warm at least every two weeks. and try to take it for a drive or at least roll the wheels and apply the brakes for a couple of hundred metres. i usually manage a good drive at least once a month in the winter though. i can't help myself!

4) in cold weather, i use a heater in to garage to keep the temp above dew point. a dehumidifier also helps. you can get ones that use no power but you keep it full of a sort of cat litter that you change when its damp. if you can't power a heater, at least use the dehumidifier and run the car until its hot once a week.