1964 New York Auto Show Photos?

Post general questions relating to Tigers
James Coyle

1964 New York Auto Show Photos?

Post by James Coyle » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello all,

My father worked for Rootes Motors in New York and was at the release of the Sunbeam Tiger at the 1964 auto show but doesn't have any photos of the event. I've found one online but wondering if anyone here knows if there is an archive of photos from that show that are accessible?
I'd love to find a few for Father's Day.

cheers,
James

gvickery
Site Admin

`964 New York Auto Show

Post by gvickery » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:47 pm

James if you browse here www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/Galleries/Classf ... index.html there is a 'holding job' of a gallery of images from the 1964 launch plus the last one is from the 1965 Show.

If I can dig out some better rez or other examples I'll get them into this gallery. In the meantime can your Father drop a line to STOC about his memories of the time?

Graham
STOC editor

James Coyle

thanks

Post by James Coyle » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much...I've only seen a couple of these photos so these are a really nice addition. I very much appreciate it and will stay tuned if there are others you come across.

My father is still developing his online skills but was also thinking of encouraging him to connect with the STOC given he has such fond memories and passion about the Tiger as well as the Alpine.

cheers,
James