Anti Theft Devices

Post general questions relating to Tigers
Tomaselli

Anti Theft Devices

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:41 am

With the difficulty of hiding the identity of our cars as they are all by now unique and very different I suspect any Tiger that's now stolen usually ends up being broken for spares or exported, so the chances of getting your pride and joy back would I imagine be very remote.

Values are also rising (despite the credit crunch!) and indeed any Rootes car isn't terribly difficult to "hot wire" are they? so our cars clearly will continue to attract interest.

Other than keeping my Tiger in an alarmed garage what devices can anybody recommend I can fit that are also tamper proof but will immobilise whilst away from home. Something that would be discrete (or you may argue visible) would keep the car original looking and would love to know if there are any devices that work with the softop down.

Or do I just carry on taking the rotor arm out of the dizzy :lol:

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:05 am

Hi,

There are a few things you could to help prevent the theft of your Tiger. Many people install a 'kill' switch on the ignition that only they know of, Install a battery cut off switch, Install an immobiliser or full alarm system or GPS tracker. These are more of a deterrent than anything, but unfortunately if the theif really wants the car it will not matter what you do.
The distributor rotor is just as good as any of them though (as long as you don't loose it :wink: )

Merry Christmas, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

SUNTIGER1965

Post by SUNTIGER1965 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

i used to have a bettery isolator in the boot which i then locked so no one could get to the battery...also a hidden fuel feed switch and a in line tap for the fuel line.... but neither of these worked if someone towed it away as i did not have a steering lock......

on ebay you can buy a GPS tracking devise which was my next port of call, but sadly tiger sold.....boo hoo.... so never got to exploit that one either

dom