1965 Tiger - started after 4 decades off the road

Post general questions relating to Tigers
sunbeamtiger65

Post by sunbeamtiger65 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:21 am

Check out this video of my father 1965 Sunbeam Tiger. He bought the Tiger new in 1965. One owner car!

Video of the car starting after nearly 4 decades off the road.

Go to youtube and type in "1965 Sunbeam Tiger" in the search engine .

Enjoy and please post comments.

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:27 pm

An inspiring clip 'sunbeamtiger1965'.
Your Dad must have been well pleased to hear that rumble again.
So why did he wait 40 years?? Is the resto complete now?

For other browsers here's the clip http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey1dYiSDBZw

Graham Vickery
STOC Editor

sunbeamtiger65

Life

Post by sunbeamtiger65 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Within the first few years of ownership, my dad put over 100,000 miles on the car. He was having some sort of problem with the engine and sidelined the car in my grandmothers garage...this was around 1971. My uncle removed the engine for service and then suddenly passed away. So there the car sat, until my grandmother could no longer live in her two story house. So the car ended up at our house and eventually disappeared under a mound of bikes, lawn equipment, boxes etc....there it sat for years. I was a child during all of this. As I grewe up, I started to pay attention to the mound in the garage and began clearing all of the stuff off of the car and clean it up as best a child could. I would sit in the garage and "play" that I was driving it down the road.
Fastforward another dozen years and I was finally in a position to help my father do the work on the car as well as assist in the cost of restoring the car. It took us several years to put it back on the road, but it is now restored and fully functional. Thanks for the interest and enjoy the video.