tiger build specs

Post general questions relating to Tigers
clouder

tiger build specs

Post by clouder » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:40 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, but have owned my Tiger for nearly 18 years now. The car is about to start a complete restoration, but I was wondering if there is anywhere where I can purchase the build record for my car? All I have to hand is the chassis number and registration (it appears to have been re-registered in 1991 as ABH143C) I am aware you can purchase this info for Jaguars, but can we do the same for Tigers?! Also, is there any way of finding out the old reg number?

Clouder :?

odl21

Post by odl21 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:16 pm

norman miller maintains a lot of info on all tigers. its worth emailing him. his site is: [dub dub dub] . rootes1 . com

also you could visit the rootes archive centre: [dub dub dub].rootesarchivecentre . com which may have info. i've never been myself so it would be worth calling or emailing them first to see what they have.

(replace [dub dub dub] with 3 w's in urls)

gvickery
Site Admin

Tiger Build Specs

Post by gvickery » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 am

STOC has a copy of the Jensen Motors production ledgers and these show your Tiger was built on the 6th March 1965, making it a fairly early home market (HRO) Tiger. The Club doesn't have any information on the original registration number of your Tiger but the DVLA does. I don't have the right link to hand but try this: http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v765.pdf

The simplest thing to do is to telephone your local DVLA office. They may release the info you want over the phone or tell you the form you have to complete and their fee!

STOC does not yet offer build certificates but STOC member Norman C. Miller does and you can contact Norman via

http://www.classictiger.com/mudge/forsa ... ert-nu.htm

STOC Editor

clouder

Post by clouder » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 am

Hi,
Many thanks for your replys- I'll have a chat with DVLA to see what I can find out.

Clouder :)