6 bladed stainless steel fan

Post general questions relating to Tigers
tigerman7347

6 bladed stainless steel fan

Post by tigerman7347 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Has anyone fitted the above? I am wondering if I have fitted it the right way, as there is not much room between the blade and top radiator hose.

Do the rounded ends face the rad, with the cups so to speak facing the engine?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:17 pm

Hi,
Yes you have it the right way around....but sometimes you have to fit a 1/4" spacer between the pulley and the fan to give you a bit more room...

the spacer are available from REAL STEEL ....or make your own.
:)

Sam B

Post by Sam B » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:51 pm

I recently fitted a Flexi Fan and had to purchase a new top hose to accommodate it. It now works a treat and keeps the water temperature around the 80 -85 mark.

SUNTIGER1965

Re: 6 bladed stainless steel fan

Post by SUNTIGER1965 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:22 am

tigerman7347 wrote:Has anyone fitted the above? I am wondering if I have fitted it the right way, as there is not much room between the blade and top radiator hose.

flexifan worth the effort.works a treat. they do run real close to top rad hose but loosening the clip on the hose and a little tweek here and there with the hose and it will clear. if you want to run cool try a ally rad. ive got to a stage now where my motor runs too cool on cruising. i even joked at Le Mans i might put some card infront of the rad to raise temp.

Grand691

Re: 6 bladed stainless steel fan

Post by Grand691 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:25 am

tigerman7347 wrote:Has anyone fitted the above? I am wondering if I have fitted it the right way, as there is not much room between the blade and top radiator hose.

hi,
i have a friend that know how to solve your problem sadly he is not here i my place but don't worry i will make another post if he can help you.,.

odl21

Post by odl21 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am

if it runs too cool (i.e. < 90C) you need to change the thermostat. often people put a lower temp thermostat in to try and compensate for poor cooling which in the tiger is almost always due to insufficient air flow and recirculation of air at low speeds. in these cases an alloy rad is not necessary unless you have a really powerful engine in there.

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi,

I also recently installed a 14" (fibreglass type) flex-a-lite fan in my Tiger. So far the fan is doing very well keeping the temperature around the 90 degree C mark even in traffic. I do have the same problem with clearance, but I am looking for alternative top hoses or a spacer.

Regards, Robin.
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE