Tiger steering rack

Post general questions relating to Tigers
malcolmhookings

Tiger steering rack

Post by malcolmhookings » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 pm

I have just had my steering rack rebuilt, new rack and pinion kit, pinion bush, hardened bottom washer and two new tie rods. I thought i would share this as previous to this i thought the only options i had were to fit an MG rack , but for obvious reasons didn't want that, or to buy a new one, but out of stock, or possibly have mine refurbished by others, but this was a bit hit and miss, then finally i was recommended by a mate to a company called Kiley Clinton, in Birmingham. Their service apart from the long delay because of Covid, but that wasn't their fault, was great, nice people, gave me costs before work as best they could, they picked up the rack from me and redelivered for about £35.00 and i live in Romford. It came back like new, new gaiters, grease filled (not oil as originally) and all painted up. Maybe everyone knows about these people but when i asked the question on the forum about a new or refurb, i only got one response which was try, i think, sunbeam spares, thank you for that anyway.
So if this will help anyone else that would be great, their phone number is 0121 772 8000 Email kileyclinton@btconnect.com www.kileyclinton.com
they are an engineering firm so manufacture repair parts themselves as far as i know.
Anyway i hopes this helps someone else.

Malcolm MBH 76c

tgr747

Re: Tiger steering rack

Post by tgr747 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:48 pm

As Malcolm says,Kiley Clinton are a very good firm.i have dealt with them for many years.it was them that made a batch of new racks for a friend a of mine a few years ago.

260Alpine

Post by 260Alpine » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:21 pm

I had mine done by Kiley Clinton too - and also happy with the service and the result.

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon May 17, 2021 10:41 am

Thanks for the useful information 👍. I am currently rebuilding the front suspension of my Tiger, so particularly relevant for me.