Sherwood Restorations

Post general questions relating to Tigers
vkxbob

Sherwood Restorations

Post by vkxbob » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any experience with/knowledge about Sherwood Restorations? I've seen over the years that they've restored a few Tigers and the blue one they currently have for sale looks fantastic (to my untrained eye!) and has a fantastic price to go with it. Are they renown & sympathetic Tiger restorers does anyone know? Thanks, Bob

Brad1380

Re: Sherwood Restorations

Post by Brad1380 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:21 pm

Guess you mean this one.
https://sherwoodrestorations.co.uk/vehi ... m-tiger-2/

Looks straight, clean and fresh, the underside isn't body colour and a few other things even my eye can see, it all depends how they put it together, you'd have to see it in the flesh.
1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1

tgr747

Post by tgr747 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Lots of things I would not be happy with on that tiger.check out the med blue tiger on car and classic,looks a much better tiger to me and it’s cheaper.

vkxbob

Post by vkxbob » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi Brad1380. Yes, that's the one. Planning on taking a trip over to have a look in person in the next few weeks since, as you say, need to see it inperson.

tgr747 - Appreciate your feedback - another club member contacted me with similar-ish opinion - many thanks, and also for the heads up on the one on car & classic - I'll have a look :-)

garyf

Post by garyf » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:02 pm

I know a bit about Sherwood Restorations and I often pop in to see the cars for sale and know something about the Tigers they have worked on recently.

They re-commissioned/restored an original low mileage White Tiger (18K Miles) to a good standard and I had chance to see the Car when finished, I have photographs of the car up on the Ramps when completed if you want to PM me?

They also recently restored another Metallic Grey Tiger that was sold at the NEC Auction and this too was an excellent restoration (In my Opinion) in particular the Interior and Paintwork where excellent.

The Mediterranean blue Tiger is still for sale in there Workshops, so if your considering using them a viewing may be worthwhile?

They are a long established and well respected (To my Knowledge) Classic car restoration and Sales business, I've never personally had any work done but I'm seriously considering getting a Quote off them when I get round to having my car Re-sprayed.

I have met the owner Alex, who's inherited the Business off his late father and he seems a straight talking type, Charles the sales guy is also always pleasant to deal with and never objects to us looking around the Classic for sale although he know's we are only Tyre kickers!

Regards

Gary

vkxbob

Post by vkxbob » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi Gary

Many thanks for your input. I got the impression off their website that they're a well established company with clearly lots of experience; I was just wondering how much Tiger knowledge they've got. As you and Brad have pointed out, I need to make a trip and see it in person :)

garyf

Post by garyf » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:07 pm

Bob

I've been in touch with someone who's just recently had there Tiger Shell fully resprayed in the same Sherwood Grey as the one sold at Auction last year?

If you want send me an E-mail to - g.flinn318@yahoo.co.uk I will put you in touch?

I've tried sending you a Personal Message via this site but it doesn't seem to work :(

Regards

Gary

tgr747

Post by tgr747 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:26 pm

personaly I would want to give my tiger to someone that knows these cars inside out.there are 2 I would recommend,clint at classic perfections and andy at sunbeam spares co.2 great lads that know tigers inside out,bodily and mechanically,many tiger owners have used them.

vkxbob

Post by vkxbob » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:08 pm

tgr747 - another club member recommended Classic Perfections too ... looks like I just need to find a Tiger that needs restoring :)

jeff_h

Post by jeff_h » Thu May 07, 2020 9:26 pm

HI bob,

its Jeff Howarth, also in Cheshire.

If you are still looking for a car, I'm happy to meet and have a chat with you ( I don't have one for sale) but have some you can look at and compare.

Obvioulsy need to wait until we are allowed out, but its easy to socially distance where I store them.

jeff.v8tiger@gmail.com

vkxbob

Post by vkxbob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi Jeff

Apologies - have only just spotted that you've contacted me. Many thanks for your kind offer but, as of last weekend, I'm actually just a week or 2 away from getting my hands on a Tiger :D .

Thanks again & kind regards, Bob