Post general questions relating to Tigers
garyf

Post by garyf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi All

I've recently joined the Owners club and I'm on the look out for a Usable Tiger

I currently own a Triumph TR5 which I will need to either sell or Part Exchange for a Tiger.

Can anyone advise me of any for sale?

Cheers

Gary

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Hi Gary, welcome.
If I hear of I’ll let you know. Try google for now. Most chat is on the Facebook site. You might have more luck there. What price are you looking at and what kind of spec are you looking for. Standard original or super fast?
Good luck Si

garyf

Post by garyf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am

Hi Si

I'm after a decent usable one, in original condition hopefully for Less than £40K?

I've had a few replies to the wanted Ad and have managed to move on my TR5 so now have the funds available.

I've looked at 3 cars so far and will get to view another two over the next few weeks and then hopefully get one ready for the Spring/Summer Classic car season :D

Cheers

Gary

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Welcome to the club. You've done well finding that many Tigers for sale. Don't come up too often now. Or silly price at dealers.

garyf

Post by garyf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm

I've had a good response to the Wanted Ad that was kindly placed in the latest Magazine by Graham.

I'm a bit nervous about buying one to be honest, I do know a long standing Club member who lives locally who's offered some good advice on what to look for.

I've also been sent the Buyers guide and links to a couple of Websites on what to check for to make sure it's a genuine one.

Provisionaly arranged to view another one this Sunday and then another later in March.

All being well I should be sorted for the summer.

Watch this space!

Gary

garyf

Post by garyf » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:54 pm

I've got myself a Tiger!

A big thank you to Martin Byard for agreeing to let me be the new custodian of GYO and also to Neil Hyde and Graham Vickery for all their help and advice.

Just hoping for a nice summer and some top down motoring :lol:

Regards

Gary