Advise obtaining new V5c

Post general questions relating to Tigers
stuartb

Advise obtaining new V5c

Post by stuartb » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:04 am

Can anyone advise on the best route to take to get a V5c Registration document for my Tiger. I have only the original green log book issued when the car was new (shows how long its been off the road)
I haven't contacted the DVLA yet.
My car won't be back on the road for at least a couple of years, but I would like to be sure it can keep its original reg.

Thankyou Stuart

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi Stuart,

I had to go through this process about 5 years ago to reclaim the registration for my Tiger. It was actually quite straightforward.

If I remember correctly, there is (or was) a form to download from the DVLA website that you will need to complete, giving details of the vehicle. This then needs to be sent to the STOC, with evidence of the original registration, for their endorsement. Brian Postle used to be the contact, but I'm not sure who has taken this role now. Could someone from the club advise?

The old green logbook should be enough evidence to reclaim the registration, it was for mine. It also helps if you have any old photograph's, MOT certificates, but these are not essential if you have the old logbook. You will also need to send a current photo showing the vehicle is a (more or less) complete vehicle.

If the club agrees with your claim for the registration, they will then send the form and evidence to the DVLA. All being well, after a short wait the DVLA will issue you a new logbook.

Hope this helps....

stuartb

Post by stuartb » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Thankyou Growler for your reply.

I have just had a look at the DVLA website and think I have found the right form - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 150814.pdf

I just need to know who in the club to contact.

Stuart