Facebook - Sunbeam Tiger

Post general questions relating to Tigers
martin172

Post by martin172 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:55 pm

They may have been UK built but they wouldn't have existed in the first place if it wasn't for the US market just like other cars like the XKE. :wink:

Surely that gives them at least a half share, if not more in the rights to their preservation and celebration.

Red Race Tiger

Post by Red Race Tiger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Martin,

Yes of course your right there, forgive me.

We obviously don't need a UK based F/B page after all.

garyv8tiger

Post by garyv8tiger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:11 pm

be better to just set up a tiger bad boys site specially for the none purists .

martin172

Post by martin172 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Red Race Tiger wrote:Martin,

Yes of course your right there, forgive me.

We obviously don't need a UK based F/B page after all.
There's no need to be like that Paul.

I don't want to fall out about this. That's the last thing I need in my life right now.

I can't help but think that a new FB page would simply be another platform to argue the TAC subject again.

As you have already insinuated in your previous post, you feel that if you can get a page going, attract a lot of British owners onboard and then after a while raise the TAC subject again, that you could swing a vote against having TAC over here and that would be that.

Or....we end up having the endless debate about it that will just end up pissing people off and offending people which is exactly what happened last time.
We lost atleast 2 regular contributors as a concequence of the last "debate".

martin172

Post by martin172 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 pm

.....or as Gary suggest, you start a Naughty Step Tiger group. :D

Red Race Tiger

Post by Red Race Tiger » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:51 am

Martin, no mate not at all.

My intention would have been to set up a UK F/B page for UK owners to discuss a UK built car in the UK and that's all?

At no point did i mention that i personally would have wanted to set it up for the sole intention of dissing the TAC? or did i read my own words incorrectly there? what i did say was for the membership of that page that TAC COULD be discussed. Not that i would personally instigate it.

I could swing the vote? seems to me it's already been taken by the STOC hasn't it?

Yet again my words have been adjusted and taken out context it seems?

Having a Tiger TAC'd is not problem to any owner of an original factory car, it's the car's that cant or wont pass that i feel sorry for.

Eventually NOT having a TAC on a Tiger in the UK will be a huge big negative slur enough for any potential new owner to believe that "It isn't real"

And that's exactly why i was so vocal on the subject and for no other reason.

Thankfully it's something i don't have to worry about but it will alienate quite a few i'm sure.

martin172

Post by martin172 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:30 am

Red Race Tiger wrote:

Having a Tiger TAC'd is not problem to any owner of an original factory car, it's the car's that cant or wont pass that i feel sorry for.

Eventually NOT having a TAC on a Tiger in the UK will be a huge big negative slur enough for any potential new owner to believe that "It isn't real"
..and the counter argument is that TAC would offer protection to new owners knowing that they are buying a pukka Tiger....and so it goes around and around and will endlessly.

The vote on TAC attracted a paltry 25 notes, which brings us nicely back on topic.

I'll go back to what I originally said, that it would just be like the forum, quiet and competing against an already popular, cosmopolitan page.

garyv8tiger

Post by garyv8tiger » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:05 pm

the main problem with the forum and tigers in general is it needs young blood to survivemlike most hobbies . but with the price of average tigers being circa 30k how many of the younger generation could afford one .

for me the tac debate was the most interesting ive ever seen on this forum
.and i had never seen the forum so busy.although it did go round in circles at times .

martin has you or someone you know been caught out buying a reshell?as you do seem to mention the main advantage for tac being so purchasers dont get an alger .

H, Sunny 65

Post by H, Sunny 65 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Why can we not just get back to, what a club and this club is all about! And that is helping each other out with car problems and letting each other know whats going on in the world of Tigers, regarding events and other interesting
bits of Tiger trivea. With a few images to show other members who couldnt make events to see what been going on.
We do not need a fb page to do that.

martin172

Post by martin172 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:01 pm

garyv8tiger wrote:the main problem with the forum and tigers in general is it needs young blood to survivemlike most hobbies . but with the price of average tigers being circa 30k how many of the younger generation could afford one .

for me the tac debate was the most interesting ive ever seen on this forum
.and i had never seen the forum so busy.although it did go round in circles at times .

martin has you or someone you know been caught out buying a reshell?as you do seem to mention the main advantage for tac being so purchasers dont get an alger .
Mine is an Alger, you know that. :wink:

It's because of something Graham once said about him having to break it to someone that their Tiger wasn't really a Tiger.
These people must feel sick having spent hard earned on a reshell/Alger when they thought it was a genuine Tiger.

If TAC can save people that pain then it is worth implementing, and bear in mind that as prices rise, there will be more of them kicking about.

garyv8tiger

Post by garyv8tiger » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:41 pm

if they have already brought the car i dont see the point off telling them .i know of atleast 4 cars that are reshelled and the owners dont know .why burst there bubble .

martin172

Post by martin172 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:01 pm

garyv8tiger wrote:if they have already brought the car i dont see the point off telling them .i know of atleast 4 cars that are reshelled and the owners dont know .why burst there bubble .
If TAC was in place it shouldn't happen again and that new blood you talk of would know what they are buying.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Tomaselli wrote:Gents please note TAC discussions and reshells discussions are already discussed in-depth on a separate thread. This is a thread to gauge interest or support for a Facebook offering. Keep this thread 'on topic'