Tigers in Torquay

Post general questions relating to Tigers
gvickery
Site Admin

Tigers in Torquay

Post by gvickery » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Don't know if this link will work but if it does click your volume control round to 9.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152974354535400

A few of us getting set Saturday morning before leaving for a 'Tigers on the Moor' run across Dartmoor.

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Should have added with many thanks to Nigel Tipping.

In the video working from the left:

- Rob & Sally Blayney (302)
- Ian Voller & Barbara (302)
- Graham & Ruth Vickery (289)
- Dean & Shelly McGee (427)
- Jim & Marie Oven (347)
- Richard & Rosemary Danby (302)
- David & Gaye Balchin (260)
- Andrew & Jaga Davenall (260)
- Peter Pescud & Josie (289)
- Tony & Roz Tomaselli (347)
- Peter & Liz Town (289 HiPo)

Waiting outside for us to leave the car park:

- Malcolm & Jackie Sedman (260)
- Lou & Val Lusardi (260 ...in spirit)
- Bob & Nita McDowell (302 turbo charged ... in spirit)

lovejoy

TORQUAY RUMBLED !

Post by lovejoy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks for that link Graham / Nigel, am having fun sending the link to friends who understand in various countries worldwide, and keep replaying it each time.
Music to my ears...... :D
ex 928 PP & OPD 134 D MK1's

tigerman7347

Re: TORQUAY RUMBLED !

Post by tigerman7347 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:53 pm

lovejoy wrote:Thanks for that link Graham / Nigel, am having fun sending the link to friends who understand in various countries worldwide, and keep replaying it each time.
Music to my ears...... :D
Chris when you back here again. Would like to meet again after all these years?
Cheers Rob

lovejoy

Post by lovejoy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi senor Blayney, now I know you've moved across the border, and OUT of England, into the We*t Country, I can answer your question with ease..
... DREKLY !! :mrgreen:
I return to pastures green (Hi Godfrey...) next month: a few days with the London Mafia in Woodland Gardens, polishing MK 2 grilles (Hi Andy !)
then down to Darzet, and then - Westward Ho .... to PZ, via Looe, Truro,.... Cornwall is superb in the summertime.
Pity I don't have a V8 to eat up the miles these days, National Eggspress is not quite the same.... :roll:
Look forward to a pint with you in Jamaica Inn, or somewhere... cheers!
ex 928 PP & OPD 134 D MK1's

tigerman7347

Post by tigerman7347 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm

lovejoy wrote:Hi senor Blayney, now I know you've moved across the border, and OUT of England, into the We*t Country, I can answer your question with ease..
... DREKLY !! :mrgreen:
I return to pastures green (Hi Godfrey...) next month: a few days with the London Mafia in Woodland Gardens, polishing MK 2 grilles (Hi Andy !)
then down to Darzet, and then - Westward Ho .... to PZ, via Looe, Truro,.... Cornwall is superb in the summertime.
Pity I don't have a V8 to eat up the miles these days, National Eggspress is not quite the same.... :roll:
Look forward to a pint with you in Jamaica Inn, or somewhere... cheers!
Send me a PM for my mobile number. Look forward to that.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm

A great meet, and can't wait until the next one :mrgreen:

I put together a quick vid' of my road trip, it was really a test bed ahead of Cannes and Col de Turini in September. I need to change a few settings but useful to get a feel of the new position for the GoPro HD camera. A great bit of kit :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0EmhWf ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy, turn up your volume and of course watch in HD....

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Tony

Terrific vision quality and virtually 'Cinemascope'. You've caught my imagination.

Great drama in the car park made up for the 'wet' moors trip!

Can you PM me with the model you have?

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:44 pm

GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition. Mounted on a permanent sticky base, next to the rear view mirror. Mounts that use suction pad are poor as they vibrate the image too much. Mounted upside down, and reasonably close to the screen so that avoids glare. Shortest mounting arm possible also avoids vibration. Trick is also to use an Natural Density filter, bit like a polariser, that has the effect of forcing a slower shutter speed which in turns reducing the 'jello' effect. That's a term in the industry where the whole video image shakes and wobbles like a mound of jelly. Difficult to describe, but the slower speed softens the harshness of the image so gives a warmer and smoother impact, good for getting the impact of 'speed'. Shoot at medium landscape view and at 25fps is plenty whilst giving you the ability to fill your SD card with plenty of material. Mini USB charger via the cig socket, so no worries of battery running down. I also used a remote control to operate the camera, which makes it safer to operate whilst on the 'go'

Editing software is GoPro Studio, which is free to download and use and plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

:mrgreen: