Tiger50 Monte Run - spares list

Post general questions relating to Tigers
B9471845

Tiger50 Monte Run - spares list

Post by B9471845 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Further bulletins will emerge soon about the Monte 50 in September but here is one topic which will require inputs from those of you more experienced in long Tiger journeys.

Plan A, there will be a modern spares barge / mobile tool shed following us, crewed by Andy Carter and Graham Rood. This will contain a range of Sunbeam Spares stock items, some tools, and there will be room for some crew spares / tools - but if all 40-odd cars decide to bring 10 spare wheels and a trolley jack that could be a problem.

Similarly there is a modern car travelling with us with possibly some room for regular luggage, but same problem arises with multiple hat boxes, diving equipment, paragliders etc. The bulletins will cover the options here.

So, each crew should plan a list of in-car spares (especially non-standard stuff eg Holley fuel pumps ) and fluids to keep you mobile, and legal. Once you've found space for that lot, that tells you what else you can carry in the Tiger.

Ideally, if we've all got a list and communicated it, Andy and Graham can work out complimentary items just in case.

To kick off, I'm thinking of:
Coil
Condenser
Disi cap
Fuel pump
Various hoses
King lead
Bulbs (legal requirement anyway)
Brake fluid (I use Anglo 600 racing)
Pads
Water
Wheelnuts and a selection of others
Petrol can (although the route features copious fuel stops I'm assured)
Gaffer tape, electrical tape, tie wraps.

But this is a subset of my race spares - I've not done any rallies.
So, over to you - what to bring....

tigerman7347

Spares for T50

Post by tigerman7347 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:44 pm

All, I shall be carrying Spare Fuel Pump, Clutch cylinder and Master, brake master cylinder, brake shoes F& R, fan belt, brake and clutch fluid, petrol can , 2 litre of water, bulbs, wire and crimping tool and coil . Does everyone need to carry a spare wheel and Jack? That's just what I can think of at the moment.
Over to you guys.

Rob

pushrod

Post by pushrod » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:06 pm

The journey down will provide opportunities to get spares from the back-up vehicle or one of the 40 odd Tigers in the "convoy".

Perhaps the more important spares to carry is for the return journey and to try and combine a set of spares within the group your travelling with.

Lou
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie

JAYANDSHEL

Post by JAYANDSHEL » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:30 pm

When I go on trips abroad I carry most of the above but would add
Front wheel bearing
Wheel studs I know people that these have broken on
A made up pipe to bypass the servo
Chemical metal both in lqd and putty form (be amazed what it can fix)
Can of carb cleaner (cleans anything before gluing)
exhaust rubber mount
One is what ever you take tends not break and what you don't does
but good to have different people carrying different things to try and cover all eventualities
Jay