Kop Hill

Post general questions relating to Tigers
marinerblueuk

Kop Hill

Post by marinerblueuk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:17 pm

I was surprised to be the only Tiger going up the hill at this non-competitive charity event, although there was another in the display car park. Really good atmosphere and fantastic display of cars and motorcycles from 1901 through to 1972.
Also sadly probably the last chance to see the Ecurie Ecosse collection that is likely to be sold as individual lots at auction in December.
The hill climb itself is a tough test for some of the older cars and bikes - but obviously not for a Tiger! Biggest problem was going out of bright sunlight into the gloom of the trees and not being able to see where you were going for a few seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AONkDctzvcs

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:33 am

Looks like fun. Where was it ? A bit of advance publicity may have produced a few more cars. Maybe next year.

marinerblueuk

K

Post by marinerblueuk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

It's at Princes Risborough near Aylesbury - http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/

Lots of videos on YouTube if you enter Kop Hill climb. Only been "revived" for 5 years and has already raised loads of money for charity. About 400 pre 1972 cars up the hill and another couple of hundred in display area. This year had the Napier Railton land speed record holder doing and run and Battle of Britain memorial flight on the Sunday.

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Ive been for the last 5 years and showed my car. Ive rated it highly but they are trying to phase out the classics in favour of vintage cars. There were normally 4-5 of us Tigerers there.

I did apply on the opening day of registration to go up hill. Didnt hear anything until told I was in a last 20 and may get a ride up the hill asit was oversubscribed. Bullshit as I must have have been in the first few to apply. Well it was a big year for me as my father who lives about 200yards from the start line, has terminal cancer and really wanted a ride up the Hill and its probably his last chance.

I explained that to them but got turned down. Bunch of Tossers. I'll Never go there again.