Radiator Header Tank

Post general questions relating to Tigers
Peter II

Radiator Header Tank

Post by Peter II » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:57 pm

The tank on our Mk II is porous, and is leaking water...so 2 questions:
1 - does anyone have a spare they want to sell?
2 - if we can't track one down, we may have to consider re-manufacture, which probably wouldn't be an exact copy of the original, and would need to be produced in aluminium not brass. If anyone else is interested it might make more sense to get a few more made at the same time...so please let me know via this forum!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place on the forum, I'm sure someone will soon re-position if I've inadvertently broken the rules!

Peter II

bernd_st

Post by bernd_st » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:05 pm

A Mk II header tank can be very specific and therefore scarce. Why don't you bring it to the next radiator builder and get re- soldered or in worst case internally rep- brazed. Not cheap but still better option than building a non original something at high cost...

H, Sunny 65

Post by H, Sunny 65 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Radtec radiators, made me an alloy header tank for £85.00 + vat, a couple of years ago. No more leaks.

Peter II

Post by Peter II » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi - just wanted to post a quick thanks to the 2 folk who wrote in with suggestions, much appreciated.

(The car made it to Silverstone and back at the weekend, and a new header tank cap has helped the situation).

We're still looking to get the tank replaced, so again, if anyone has a similar requirement, let me know.

Thanks,
Peter II

meadowhog

Post by meadowhog » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 pm

I used to a lot of repair and scratch rebuild of this sort of thing. Do you have a picture of the culprit and I could advise a best course of action

Peter II

Post by Peter II » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Tank is actually away being worked on right now, so can't take any pics at the moment - hopefully there'll be some good news very soon (sounds medical!).

In the meantime, thanks to those with messages of wisdom, help and support - now that's a CLUB for you!