LRX? LRO?

Post general questions relating to Tigers
BlackDog

LRX? LRO?

Post by BlackDog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:44 pm

I've put this question to a U.S. based 'Tiger' board with no answer as yet so I'm wondering if anyone here can answer...

..." What I'm asking is... if an LRX and and an LRO rolled out of the factory one after the other and you compared the two, what would you find different if anything? I'm only surmising that there must be at least something different for there to be both 'X' and 'O' cars... being as they are both left hand drive export." ...

Jim
B382000446

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Would an optional hardtop make it non-standard if on a roadster? That is about the only thing I can think of that the factory would fit, weren't all other options a dealer fit?
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Nothing to do with hardtops, the LRX designation appeared on all the alpines in the states as well. All the USA delivered Tigers cary the LRX designation and they didnt all have hardtops.
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

gtsmrt

Post by gtsmrt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 pm

michael-king wrote:Nothing to do with hardtops, the LRX designation appeared on all the alpines in the states as well. All the USA delivered Tigers cary the LRX designation and they didnt all have hardtops.
So it's due to the left hand drive into the US? Were the LRO's sent to Europe?
Robin O'Dell
Tiger MK 1a
ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE AS DAD WOULD HAVE

martin172

Post by martin172 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 am

Perhaps they lost the O stamp so used the X instead? :P

pruyter

Post by pruyter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 am

They are two or three differences and right now I remember only one of them which is: LRX-cars have a red colour regarding the rear traffic light ( the light which shows that the car is turning right or left) while LRO-cars have an amber colour.
I will check out the other difference(s) when I have found the time and report about it.

Peter Ruyter

pruyter

Post by pruyter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 am

Okay, I promised to come back at this subject. What I found is this: The differences have a connection with the subject "lamps". The headlamps for instance differ, the LRX-cars have sealed beam head lamps which the LRO-cars don't have. Second: both the front and rear flasher lenses differ. The LRX-cars have on the front white lenses where the LRO-cars have amber lenses, the back lenses of the LRX-cars are as I mentioned before red while the lenses of the LRO-cars are amber. Further on the number plate lamps differ although I don't know exactly how they differ. I used to think that the cars differed also on the head beam flasher lights but that wasn't confirmed in the parts list. It seems that also the LRX-cars were equiped with this flasher light while I thougt that it wasn't the case.
Perhaps there are more differences, but personally I don't think so.

Regards,

Peter Ruyter

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:36 am

Peter,

On the plate lamps might be the switch to the dual small lamps on the plate VS the single larger glass one mounted in the recess for the trunk (boot) push button.
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

pruyter

Post by pruyter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

That's an interesting possibility! Thanks Michael, no one knows everything.
This forum is very helpful in understanding the Tiger.

Regards,

Peter Ruyter