MKI tiger - ebay UK

Post general questions relating to Tigers
michael-king

MKI tiger - ebay UK

Post by michael-king » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:53 am

I have seen this on the image wheels website, first Sunbeam i eblieve to use the BRM GT40 wheels.. i had enquired abotu them in 2009... the offset/dish isnt great on the sunbeams.. but still.. they look ok.

I'm not sure it would be the fastest road tiger in the Uk.. a few stroker and supercharged Tigers would be a good bet for that.. but then again.. it's a dealer...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-Tiger ... 43ad31b72f

Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 am

Indeed, from what I see in the engine bay (from the seller's pics) the car is well presented. Black must be such a difficult colour on the Tiger, it would show every imperfection to the naked eye.

Wasn't sure at first, but I quite like the BRM GT40 alloys, perhaps lower profile tyres would work... 8)

michael-king

Post by michael-king » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Tony,

I really liked the wheels, when i enquired the price was just way to high (especially with the conversion rate at the time) Also the wheels look much better with a deeper rim, same goes for their halibrand replica wheels.. the tigers offsets on the front especially dont do the design any favour.. i think in 14" or 15x6" they would be better.. i like the taller tyres on our cars... all goes a bit ricer for me when the wheels get bvery big and tyres very low profile. :oops:
Michael King
63 Alpine SII - 65 Alpine SIVGT
65 Tiger MKI - 66 Tiger MKIA

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm

You are right, the deeper profile tyre leans to a more 'period' look and I did just that with my stock Tiger - looks much better now 8)

bigbob

Post by bigbob » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Looks like a 4x4, but would be great over the speed bumps around here.

FWY896C

Post by FWY896C » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm

That is a beauty! Looks great in Black, not sure about the interior though, if I had all the tea in China, i'd re-trim it in Black...

I like the wheels but i'd love to see a Tiger on American Racing Torque Thrusts, a la Bullitt Mustang. Anyone know of any Tigers wearing these?

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 pm

FWY896C wrote:That is a beauty! Looks great in Black, not sure about the interior though, if I had all the tea in China, i'd re-trim it in Black...

I like the wheels but i'd love to see a Tiger on American Racing Torque Thrusts, a la Bullitt Mustang. Anyone know of any Tigers wearing these?
The car looks great but the wheels are to wide. The car has been jacked-up so the arches dont catch which looks odd.

There is a guy in Germany who has fabricated some 5 lug hubs and fitted 15"Torq-Thrust D wheels to his Tiger. The car looks great but it took a lot of work :mrgreen:

Red Race Tiger

Post by Red Race Tiger » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 pm

BRM's were originally manufactured for GT40's and Lola T70's they were never meant for road car's which is why this Tiger looks a little lost on them.

Also original BRM's were a one piece magnesium casting with proper knock on hub's, these are three piece split rim's with knock on cover's over standard wheel nuts, a mix of old and modern on an old car doesn't work.

Give the owner credit though as it makes a change from Minilite's.

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm

A nice idea those wheels and I also love the Halibrands but I think Micheals right that the front offset requirements dont work well with the wheel design which is a real shame. :(