Le Mans Classic 2012

Post general questions relating to Tigers
dpuzey

Post by dpuzey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:23 am

I will also be on the Wednesday overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre, driving down to the gite at La Naillerie. We will be parked on the club area in the infield sharing space with the Classic Sunbeam Club of France, about the same spot as 2010.
Dave Puzey
1965 Midnight Blue Tiger
1967 Mid Grey SWB Land Rover

Used to own 1985 Targa Red Rover 3500 TP Vitesse

Brad1380

Post by Brad1380 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:03 am

Heading across in about an hours time in the GT6, will be parked in the infield area with the club Triumph de France.

Looking forward to seeing some complete Tigers, rather than a bare shell.
1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Hopefully, everyone managed to get to Le Mans safely :D sure somebody will get a few pics on the forum of the event. Would be nice to see some images of this year's event.

I need to start saving now for the 2014 trip 8)

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Coverage of the LMC on Sky TV;

Motors TV (413)

Friday 9pm - 10:35pm -> Part 1 Live
Saturday 9pm - 10:35pm -> Part 2 Live
Sunday 3pm - 4:50pm -> Part 3 Live

Sure it will be repeated, and just checking the reports online today for any results (Saturday) and hear that a Ferrari 250GTO going to LMC had a serious accident enroute to the event with driver being flown to hospital - hope all is well with driver and 'rare' car :shock:

martin172

Post by martin172 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm

The British driver of a Ferrari 250 GTO, a very rare model that was to attend this weekend's race vintage cars Le Mans Classic, was seriously injured in the accident that occurred Friday in his car in the Loir-et Cher, it was learned from sources. The accident occurred late morning on a county of the town of Saint-Etienne-des Guérets, near Blois. Ferrari, a model built to 39 copies making it one of the collector car world's most expensive (tens of millions of euros), was struck by another car which then doubled it s' preparing to turn left, according to police. The driver was seriously injured and his passenger, also British, more slightly wounded. Both were taken to hospital at Blois, and two passengers of another vehicle involved, according to firefighters. For 50 years the Ferrari 250 GTO, 23 of the 39 models of this legendary car were to participate in a demonstration on the circuit of Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend

It reads a bit strange because I've pulled it through the translator.

Hopefully all involved make a full recovery.

On a lighter note, considering it sounds like the other guy's fault, I don't rate his chances of getting a competitive insurance quote next year.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Tomaselli wrote:Coverage of the LMC on Sky TV
....having recorded it, I watch the coverage on Sky and I must admit De Cadenet is awful and it's little more than an embarrassing chat show. No real coverage of the actual 'racing' or of any of the excellent cars/drivers attending. Pure show by MotorsTV :cry:

pushrod

Post by pushrod » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:16 am

I agree the Motors TV coverage was very poor.

In advance of any pictures from the LMC here's a shot of my Tiger at the Saint Saturnin Classic British Welcolm at this years LM 24 hours.

[IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m49 ... G_0424.jpg[/IMG]

I think the car behind was an Alpine, didn't notice it while I was there!
65 Mk1 Tiger 260
66 Mk1 Tiger 260 (African Violet)
63 Ford Falcon Sprint
63 Ford Falcon Monte Carlo Rally replica
02 Honda Valkyrie

martin172

Post by martin172 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 am

Hope you don't mind pushrod.

Nice car btw. Love to see more pics of it. Great colour.

martin172

Post by martin172 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Tomaselli wrote:
Tomaselli wrote:Coverage of the LMC on Sky TV
....having recorded it, I watch the coverage on Sky and I must admit De Cadenet is awful and it's little more than an embarrassing chat show. No real coverage of the actual 'racing' or of any of the excellent cars/drivers attending. Pure show by MotorsTV :cry:
Perhaps you should have seen it live Tony or has the missus grounded you so you can't fornicate with the local waitresses? :D

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 pm

martin172 wrote:fornicate with the local waitresses? :D
Your memory is better than mine 8) completely forgot that...... :shock:

Looks like the LMC weekend was a bit of a washout with some spectators leaving on Saturday due to the intense and heavy rain. Hopefully, there will be some more Tiger (great pic there Pushrod) from those attending.

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

martin172 wrote:The British driver of a Ferrari 250 GTO, a very rare model that was to attend this weekend's race vintage cars Le Mans Classic, was seriously injured in the accident that occurred Friday in his car in the Loir-et Cher.
Sounds quite an eventful weekend, I see reports that on the 'spirited' parade laps (which are always good fun) a rather over enthusiastic owner of a TVR misjudged it and ran hard into the back of an Aston Martin DB4 which caused it to hit the armco. Oops, try explaining that to the Insurance loss adjusters :shock: :shock:

garyv8tiger

Post by garyv8tiger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:44 pm

i always take it easy on parade laps :mrgreen:

Tomaselli

Post by Tomaselli » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm

That's coz ur usually running your engine in :mrgreen:

H, Sunny 65

Post by H, Sunny 65 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:40 am

Just got home from the classic, a freind of mine was behind the crash, with the TVR and the Aston Martin in his 240z and had his lap's cut short because of it. I think he got some pic's so may be able to get them off him. I got on the next group for track lap's, due to a TVR owner on our site. His car broke down, so got his track lap ticket off him. I got three laps in and at no time on an over crowded track did any one take it easy, so became one of the scaryiest things I have ever done, but at the same time one of the best, and by far the best in my car. I run out of memory on my camera recording the lap,s. so I will try to get some shot's off the guy's I went with. If any of you have not been to the classic before it's a must.
Not sure without censorship, I could post the bit's of recording I got from my lap as the swearig in my car during the lap's was a tad strong.
My car did the hole thing no problem's at all. Only had to re fuel twice for evey once, of the chaps I went with, so just spent a bit more time catching them up or getting lost.

Harry

gvickery
Site Admin

Post by gvickery » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:37 am

LOST PAGE

The Forum system has managed to lose the last page of posts. I don't know why - it certainly wasn't 'censored' out. Pending a fix being found can Harry and Tony please re-post the LMC video links you posted yesterday.

Graham
STOC Editor